Recognized since 2016
Raleigh, North Carolina
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Tricia Goodson counsels management clients on a variety of employment-related issues, including federal and state discrimination and harassment laws; wage and hour compliance; employment policies and handbooks; employment agreements; restructuring; severance programs and policies; confidentiality, assignment of inventions and non-competition agreements; trade secrets; workplace violence; and drug and alcohol screening. She also counsels clients on issues arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act.
In addition, Tricia is an experienced litigator who represents employers before governmental agencies and in state and federal courts on numerous employment-related matters, including charges and lawsuits under North Carolina’s Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act; common law employment claims; whistle-blower claims; wage and hour claims; and EEOC charges and lawsuits on employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, including age, race, sex, disability, and national origin, as well as sexual harassment and equal pay claims. Tricia also represents clients in non-compete and confidentiality claims and other claims regarding employment agreements.
Contact & Links
- Wells Fargo Capitol Center, Suite 1700
150 Fayetteville Street
P.O. Box 1800
Raleigh, NC 27602
- Wake Forest University , J.D., graduated 1996
- Wake Forest University, BA, graduated 1992
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Geneva Group International - Global Vice-Chair, Labour Law Practice Group
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member
- National Charity League - Member
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals - 4th Circuit
- US District Court - Western District of NC
- US District Court - Middle District of NC
- US District Court - Eastern District of NC
- United States District Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Recognized as a "Labor and Employment Star" by Benchmark Litigation (2019-2022)
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Labor & Employment Law (2017-2021)
- Recognized by her peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in Employment Law (2011, 2013-2014, 2016, 2022)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.