Recognized since 2005
Providence, Rhode Island
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Civil Rights Law
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Health Care Law
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.apslaw.com/attorney/patricia-k-rocha/
- One Citizens Plaza, Eighth Floor
Providence, RI 02903-1345
- Boston College Law School , JD, graduated 1982
- Brown University, graduated 1979
- Brown University, BA, graduated 1979
- Rhode Island, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- rhode island judicial tenure committee - member
- rhode island character and fitnesss committee - chair
- boston college law school board of overseers - member
- international academy of trial lawyers - member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2023)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Providence (2022)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2021)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Providence (2020)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2019)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2016)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Providence (2014)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2013)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Providence (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Civil Rights Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Civil Rights
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Named as one of the Top 250 Women in Litigation by Benchmark Litigation and Euromoney Legal Media Group
- Best Lawyers’ 2012 Lawyer of the Year, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Providence.
- Best Lawyers’ 2013 Lawyer of the Year, Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence.
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in 2006-2013 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Administrative Law, Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law, White Collar Criminal Defense, and Labor & Employment Law.
- Recognized in the 2006-2012 Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers as on of the “Leaders in Rhode Island”.
- Selected as a local litigation star in the 2013 edition of Benchmark Litigation and Benchmark Appellate
- Expert Guide to the US Leading Health Care Lawyers.
- Selected as a Rhode Island Super Lawyer, 2007-2012, recognizing her as a leader in the legal community.
- Selected by New England Super Lawyers as one of The Top 50 Women in New England in 2012.
- Recipient, Boston College Law School 75th Anniversary Alumni Award, 2005
"Attorney Patricia Rocha is an expert in health care regulation and a true standout amongst her peers. Her opinions are well researched, thoughtful, and clear. Her judgment is outstanding. She is one of the finest attorneys that I've encountered in over 25 years of medical practice, hospital administration, and Public Health service."
- Robert Crausman (Trumed Inc)
"Ms. Rocha has an un-paralleled experience in governmental health care affairs and health care litigation. She has a highly effective representation and gives personal attention to clients' needs."
"I have worked with Pat over the past 18 years on many different health care issues. Her expertise and knowledge have led us to many successes and growth opportunities for the business. She is delightful to work with, responds in a timely fashion, and is extremely effective in her presentations."
- Ann Dugan (Blackstone Valley Surgicare), Johnston, RI
"I am so pleased to have the opportunity to tell the readers of Best Lawyers about this exceptional attorney and woman. I have known Pat for nearly twenty years, most particularly when I was General Counsel for the national Providence Washington Insurance Company headquartered in Providence, RI. Pat distinguished herself early on from the vast majority of outside counsel with whom I had worked for her high attention to quick, excellent and cost-effective turnaround. Like only the most successful attorneys who don't have to worry about making their billables, if a one word answer to my question would do, she promptly gave it, and didn't burden my company with the expense of a treatise. Even when I needed advice in an area outside of her expertise, she found me the perfect lawyer quickly and followed up to make sure that I was happy with his or her performance. Back in the late 80's and early 90's outside counsel rarely asked after the fact if anyone was pleased with the customer service received! My company was small, the outside counsel budget was limited, and Pat respected that. I never felt that she took advantage on her bills and always felt that my company had received exceptional value for its dollars spent. In addition to being a superb attorney, Pat is a genuinely good person. She has a phenomenal reputation and is highly respected in the community and state. I am honored to know her."
- Mary Clare Decker (The Monitor Group), Cambridge, MA
"She is extremely responsive and knowledgeable. Her rapport and reputation with clients and regulators are outstanding. I would refer a colleague to her without hesitation."
"She is Rhode Island's BEST!!!! She has uncanny ability to understand client issues, along with all intricacies and facets that are unique to one's business. Her solid knowledge, expertise, and skill are equal to her professionalism, dedication, compassion, and genuine kindness. As my attorney for over 15 years, I have had 100-percent trust and confidence in her and feel honored not only to work with her, but to know her!"
- Debra Corey (Assisted Daily Living, Inc), Warwick, RI
"Pat Rocha is one of the most respected health care attorneys in Rhode Island. Over the past 17 years, Pat has counseled me on several important matters and she has always been professional, concise, clear, and timely. She is a gifted communicator and brings her 'all' to every situation. Pat has always been available to me 24/7 and gives every issue her sincere attention. Another great attribute of Pat Rocha is her proactive nature when dealing with clients. On many occasions, Pat has brought new ideas or opportunities to the table that she thought would be beneficial to me. In my opinion, Pat Rocha represents all the best qualities of a legal professional. She is one of the very best."
- Susan Whipple (Cedar Crest Sub-Acute & Rehabilitation Centre), Cranston, RI
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.