Patricia K. "Pat" Rocha
Recognized in:Administrative / Regulatory LawCivil Rights Law...
Law School:Boston College Law School
Firm's Phone Number:
Location:One Citizens Plaza, Eighth FloorProvidence, RI 02903-1345
A recognized leading litigator and chair of the Litigation Group, Pat has successfully tried and defended cases ranging from commercial litigation, product liability and toxic tort, employment discrimination and redistricting litigation, bribery, wire fraud, honest services and conspiracy. Pat's healthcare practice includes representing healthcare providers before state and federal regulatory agencies as well as in civil and criminal investigations. Dedicated to the law and service to society, Pat has tried cases in state and federal courts throughout the country working as a team with her clients to reach successful resolutions in the most efficient manner. Pat has co-authored a national text on trial advocacy and written articles on evidence, trial strategy, various aspects of constitutional law, criminal law and on recent changes to the law on federal sentencing guidelines. She frequently lectures at regional and national seminars on these topics.
- Boston College Law School , JD, graduated 1982
- Brown University, graduated 1979
- Brown University, BA, graduated 1979
- Rhode Island, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- rhode island judicial tenure committee - member
- rhode island character and fitnesss committee - chair
- boston college law school board of overseers - member
- international academy of trial lawyers - member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2021)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Providence (2020)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2019)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2016)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Providence (2014)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence (2013)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Providence (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Civil Rights Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Health Care Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Named as one of the Top 250 Women in Litigation by Benchmark Litigation and Euromoney Legal Media Group
- Best Lawyers’ 2012 Lawyer of the Year, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Providence.
- Best Lawyers’ 2013 Lawyer of the Year, Administrative / Regulatory Law, Providence.
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in 2006-2013 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Administrative Law, Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law, White Collar Criminal Defense, and Labor & Employment Law.
- Recognized in the 2006-2012 Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers as on of the “Leaders in Rhode Island”.
- Selected as a local litigation star in the 2013 edition of Benchmark Litigation and Benchmark Appellate
- Expert Guide to the US Leading Health Care Lawyers.
- Selected as a Rhode Island Super Lawyer, 2007-2012, recognizing her as a leader in the legal community.
- Selected by New England Super Lawyers as one of The Top 50 Women in New England in 2012.
- Recipient, Boston College Law School 75th Anniversary Alumni Award, 2005
- Civil Rights
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
2 Office Locations
in 1 Country