Recognized since 2010
Ms. McHenry is a partner in the litigation and environmental practice group. Her practice concentrates on environmental law, lender liability and commercial litigation.
Ms. McHenry's practice focuses on representation of clients in connection with claims by the State of Hawaii and United States environmental regulatory agencies and on the representation of clients involved in environmental litigation with private parties. Her practice also focuses on the representation of lending institutions that have been sued by borrowers.REPRESENTATIVE ENGAGEMENTS
- State of Hawaii Environmental Regulatory Agency and OSHA Regulations
- -Representation of a member of a Superfund group formed to address the clean-up of the Honolulu Harbor area under the Oil Pollution Act and state environmental laws.
- -Representation of private parties in CERCLA and state environmental contribution actions.
- -Representation of oil companies in connection with regulatory compliance.
- -Representation of clients against the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act claims.
- -Representation of companies in connection with the hazardous waste disposal and storage laws and regulations.
- Environmental Litigation
- -Representation of contractors in connection with lead-based paint and asbestos issues.
- -Representation of companies in the negotiation of environmental indemnity agreements.
- Lending Institutions
- -Representation of companies in the negotiation of environmental insurance policies and obtaining of insurance coverage for environmental claims
- Representation of banks sued by borrowers based on a large variety of claims, such as claims of invalid and void assignments of mortgages, the failure to properly process loan modification applications, and the alleged invalidity of the MERS system
- Representation of banks in connection with class action based on alleged violations of Hawaii’s non-judicial foreclosure statute
- J.D. (1986), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawaii
- M.A. English (1969), University of Wisconsin
- B.A. English (1969), Heidelberg College, magna cum laude
- Hawaii State Bar (1986)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- United States Claims Court
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in Hawaii
- University of Hawaii Law Review (Articles Editor: 1985-86)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hawaii Women Lawyers
- Environmental Considerations in Real Estate Transactions, 2012 Hawaii State Bar Convention
- AWARDS AND HONORS
- PAST SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.cades.com/attorneys/mchenry-patricia-j/
- Cades Schutte Building, Suite 1200
1000 Bishop Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
- Heidelberg College, BA, graduated 1969
- Hawaii, Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Hawaii State Bar Association - Member
- Hawaii Women Lawyers - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Environmental Law, Honolulu (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.