Recognized since 2010
Arbitration and Mediation
European Union Law
Project Finance and Development Practice
Real Estate Law
Panayotis is the Managing Partner of the Firm and a leading legal practitioner, with an active, broad-based commercial practice incorporating more than 35 years of experience in transactional, advisory and litigation work. Panayotis is an authority in EU, competition and antitrust law and has represented clients in prominent cartel cases before the Hellenic Competition Commission.
He is a senior litigator, with vast experience in all types of dispute resolution, and represents clients in complex, high stake civil and administrative actions before the high courts and arbitration boards. He has also acted as arbitrator at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).Panayotis is an expert in concession projects and privatisations, with an unsurpassed track record of playing a key role in many of the pioneering, ground breaking transactions to have taken place in Greece.
He advises extensively on major renewable and conventional energy and infrastructure projects and investments in energy property development companies. His real estate practice is focused on large scale developments and real property asset portfolio investments.Within the framework of his private practice, Panayotis has acted on a number of occasions as advisor to the Government on European Union, State Aids and Privatisation issues. He also advises companies and individuals on complex tax structuring and wealth planning matters and has acted extensively in high stakes tax controversies.Panayotis has been widely published in legal journals, books and other publications in his areas of expertise. He is a participant in the annual Forum on International Wealth Disputes.
Panayotis holds a Degree in Law from the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, a DES in Public Law from the University of Paris and a PhD from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He is admitted to the Athens Bar (1974), the Athens Court of Appeals (1981) and the Supreme Court of Greece (1984).
Contact & Links
- 5 Lykavittou Street
Athens 106 72
- Greece, Athens Bar
- Hellenic Banking Association, 1980-90 - Counsel
- Hellenic Centre for European Studies, 1990-1993 - Secretary General
- Ministry of National Economy on the Privatisation of State-Owned Enterprises, 1991-1993 - External Counsel
- Ministry of National Economy, 1989 - Special Secretary
- Prime Minister on EC Matters, 1989-1990 - Counsel
- Athens Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Greece
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Law, Athens, Greece (2015-16)
- European Union Law, Athens, Greece (2015-16)
- Finance Law, Athens, Greece (2014)
- Corporate Law, Athens, Greece (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Greece™ 2015-16 for work in:
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Corporate Law
- European Union Law
- Finance Law
- Media Law
- Project Finance and Development Practice
- Real Estate Law
- European Union
- Dispute Resolution Firm of the Year 2021 at the Benchmark Litigation Awards 2021
- Greece Law Firm of the Year and Greece Corporate Firm of the Year at the IFLR Europe Awards 2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.