Recognized since 1991
Greenville, South Carolina
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
DUI / DWI Defense
Mr. Bannister served as an assistant U.S. Attorney from 1970-1974. With over 35 years of experience in the courtroom, Mr. Bannister provides counsel and advice in the areas of Criminal Law and Family Law. He has successfully tried cases throughout South Carolina, earning a listing in Best Lawyers of America for the past 24 years (1991-2014) for his work in DUI/DWI defense as well as white and non-white collar criminal defense.
With a high degree of professionalism, Mr. Bannister has tried cases focusing on White Collar Crime, Criminal Taxation, Civil Practice, Divorce, Fire Loss, Litigation, RICO, Internet Crimes, Drugs and Narcotics, Tax Evasion, Tax Fraud and Criminal Tax Audits.
Born in Union, S.C., Mr. Bannister is a member of the Greenville County and Federal Bar Associations, the South Carolina Bar, the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association, the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. He is also LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated.
Contact & Links
- 24 Cleveland Street, Suite 100
Greenville, SC 29601
- University of South Carolina-Columbia, Juris Doctorate, graduated 1969
- Citadel, Bachelor's degree, graduated 1962
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar Association
- United States, US District Court
- United States, US Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America - Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Member
- South Carolina Bar - Member
- South Carolina Trial Lawyer Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice, Greenville (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- DUI / DWI Defense
- Non-White-Collar Criminal Defense
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.