Recognized since 2013
Employee Benefits Law
Labor and Employment Law
Partner of Carey and co-head of the Labor and the Construction and Engineering Groups.In the labor area, his practice includes collective bargaining, union matters, unfair labor practices, compensation and benefits, discrimination and violations of employee fundamental rights, employment termination, work related illnesses and accidents; and labor related litigation.In the construction and engineering practice, Mr. Aitken has vast experience in the negotiation and preparation of contracts for all the phases of engineering, construction and infrastructure projects, including Design Built, EPC, EPCM and BOT. His experience ranges from the early stages of projects, biddings (public concessions and PPP projects), claim management to dispute resolution.Mr. Aitken has also extensive experience in a variety of real estate projects such as the development of natural conservation parks, housing, office and residential buildings, hotels and industrial developments, among others.
Activities and membership:
Professor of the Degree in Construction Law, Universidad de los Andes (since 2019).Professor of the Degree in Corporate Governance and Compliance, Law School, Universidad del Desarrollo (2018-2019).Professor of Specialization in Construction Law, Law School, Universidad de los Andes (2015-2018).Vice co-chair and co-chair of the Dispute Resolution Sub-Committee and International Construction Projects Practice Group, International Bar Association (2010-2014).Arbitrator of the Arbitration and Mediation Center, Santiago Chamber of Commerce.Director, Conference Chair and Founding fellow, International Academy of Construction Lawyers (IACL).Founding fellow and president, Chilean Society of Construction Law.Member of the Chilean Bar Association.Member and past board member, Centro de Estudios de Derecho del Trabajo (CEDET).Assistant professor of Labor Law, Universidad de Chile (1990-1999).
Author of the Chilean chapter in Covid-19 Latin America Guide for Employers, Employment Law Alliance (ELA) (2020).Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Construction and Projects Q&As Global Guide, Thomson Reuters (2018-2020).Co-author of Chilean chapter, Outsourcing Book, Getting the Deal Through (2013-2015).
Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.carey.cl/en/resume/oscar-aitken/
- Isidora Goyenechea 2800, Piso 43
- Chile, Bar Association of Chile
- Immigration Law, Santiago, Chile (2020)
- Labor and Employment Law, Santiago, Chile (2015)
- Construction Law
- Employee Benefits Law
- Immigration Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Labor & Employment
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Immigration Law, Best Lawyers (2020).
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Labor & Employment, Best Lawyers (2015).
- Recognized in Construction, Expert Guides.
- Recognized in Construction, Labor, Employment & Benefits, Corporate Immigration, Mediation and Government Contracts, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Labor & Employment, Legal 500.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment and in Projects, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, LACCA.
- Recognized in Labor, Employment and Immigration Law, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Project Development, IFLR1000.
- Recognized in Project Finance & Infrastructure and in Labor, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Thought Leaders: Construction/Labor & Employment, Who’s Who Legal.
- Winner in the Real Estate Category, Leading Lawyers, Idealis (2014).
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.