Mr. Brahmst is a recommended individual for M&A in Chambers, Euromoney, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers. Clients say he is a "partner of special skills for any transaction related project…one of the best lawyers you would want to have by your side during negotiations" and describe him as "a true legal counselor and excellent negotiator."
Recent matters include the representation of:
- GDF Suez S.A., a French multinational energy company which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas and renewables, in the US$840 million sale of power assets in Panama and Costa Rica to Celsia S.A. E.S.P., one of Colombia’s largest power generators.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC in the acquisition of assets of Bedford Laboratories, a generic sterile injectables company with the third-largest portfolio of generic injectable products in the United States, from Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Electronic Funds Source LLC, a leader in innovative corporate payment solutions, in its sale to an affiliate of Warburg Pincus, LLC by its existing equity holders, an investor group consisting of an affiliate of CVC Capital Partners and Pilot Travel Centers LLC, First Data Transportation Services, Inc. and FJ Management Inc.
- Univar Inc., a portfolio company of private equity firms CVC Capital Partners and Clayton Dubilier & Rice, LLC and a leading global distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals in more than 100 countries, in its acquisition of Magnablend Holdings, Inc., a custom chemical blending, manufacturing and packaging company; and in its acquisition of Basic Chemical Solutions, LLC, a leading global distributor and trader of commodity chemicals.
- Pilot Flying J, a portfolio company of private equity firm CVC Capital Partners and the largest owner and operator of travel centers in North America, in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Maxum Petroleum, Inc..
- Pilot Travel Centers LLC in its acquisition of Flying J Inc.'s core travel plaza and truck stop businesses. The acquisition, which combined the first and second largest travel plaza operators in the nation to create a new company called Pilot Flying J with a combined value in excess of US$5 billion, was featured as one of the "Most Innovative M&A Transactions in the United States" by The Financial Times (2010) and was named "Deal of the Decade," "Turnaround Deal of the Year (Large Market)" and "Divestiture Deal of the Year" by The M&A Advisor (2011).
- Nordic Capital and Avista Capital Partners in the US$4.1 billion acquisition of the ConvaTec business unit from Bristol-Myers Squibb. The transaction, the largest private equity deal globally at the time of signing in 2008, was named "LBO Deal of the Year" by Dow Jones' Private Equity Analyst.
- Nordic Capital and its portfolio company CPS Color (CPS), in a combination of CPS’s colorant business and Chromaflo Technologies, a global provider of pigment and chemical dispersions.
- Harvest Partners in a large number of deals including: the US$1.3 billion sale of Associated Materials, LLC to Hellman & Friedman LLC; the transaction was named "LBO Exit of the Month" in October 2010 by Dow Jones Private Equity;and in the acquisition of FCX Holdings Corp., a provider of process flow control solutions and products to a variety of process industries.
- FCX Performance, Inc., a leading distributor of process flow control products and value-added services and a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, in its acquisition of Corrosion Fluid Products Corp., a Michigan-based distributor of pumps, valves, fiberglass and specialty lined pipe, hose and fittings.
- Castle Harlan Partners IV, LP, a New York-based private equity fund, on its acquisition of four maltmakers from a joint venture of ConAgra Foods, Inc. of Omaha, Nebraska and Tiger Brands Ltd. of South Africa.
- GMR Infrastructure Limited in its US$1.1 billion acquisition of a 50 percent interest in InterGen N.V, a leading global power generation company. This transaction was named "Acquisition of the Year" by Infrastructure Journal 2009, "India Asset & Corporate Finance Deal of the Year" by Asian Legal Business 2009 and "M&A Deal of the Year" by India Business Law Journal 2008.
- An affiliate of EBX Group, one of Brazil's largest companies, in its acquisition of a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel from the Nexus Group, for approximately US$433.5 million.
- COSAN S/A Industria E Comercio in its US$890 million acquisition of Esso Brasileria de Petroleo Limitada (Essobras) from ExxonMobil. With this transaction, COSAN became the first ethanol producer in the world to establish a fully integrated platform from sugarcane plantation through production to retail fuels distribution.
- Mid Europa Partners and its portfolio company, The Wheelabrator Group, in its acquisition of Denmark-based DISA Holding from Procuritas Capital Investors III.
- Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd. in its US$2.45 billion acquisition of Quintana Maritime Limited, an international provider of dry bulk cargo marine transportation services.
- Votorantim Cimentos North America, Inc. in the acquisition of Prestige/AB Ready Mix, LLC and Prestige Gunite Inc, two Florida-based cement companies, together with their affiliated entities for US$225 million.
- A/S Dampskibsselskabet TORM in the US$2.2 billion acquisition of OMI Corporation, a NYSE–traded shipping company.