Olena Perepelynska is a recognized legal expert in international commercial arbitration, dispute resolution and international trade with 17 years of professional experience in these fields.
Since 2003, she participated in about 90 arbitral proceedings in more than 10 jurisdictions under the following arbitration rules – ICC, LCIA, SCC, SCAI, ICAC at CCIRF, ICAC and MAC at UCCI, GAFTA, FOSFA, LMAA, UNCITRAL. Disputes arose out of project financing, issues related to maritime law and international trade as well as economic activities of the companies – leaders in the fields of heavy industry, energy, chemical and agricultural sectors.
Olena Perepelynska acted as an arbitrator in more than 30 arbitrations seated in London, Stockholm, Kyiv and Minsk.
Olena Perepelynska started the professional activity in 2003 at the leading Ukrainian law firms, namely Vasil Kisil & Partners and Sayenko Kharenko. In 2006 she was admitted to the Ukrainian Bar. In 2015 she joined INTEGRITES as a partner and head of international arbitration.
Serving as a President of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association (UAA), Olena Perepelynska takes an active part in improving Ukrainian arbitration legislation. In December 2019, UAA Working Group, initiated and coordinated by her, submitted its proposals related to improving Law of Ukraine “On international commercial arbitration” and the procedural codes to the Commission on Legal Reform.
Olena Perepelynska also coordinates UAA Arbitration School – an annual platform gathering students and lecturers from different countries aimed at sharing experience and knowledge in the field of international arbitration. The event has already been held for 7 years in a row.
Olena Perepelynska supports the global initiative of gender diversity in arbitration. In 2018 she initiated the UAA Board decision to join the ERA-Pledge initiative and in 2019 she has been appointed as a member of its Pledge Steering Committee. She spoke at the first-ever international conference Women in Arbitration specifically dedicated to gender diversity and arranged the first ArbitralWomen event in Ukraine.
Membership & Professional Appointments:
- President of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association (since 2016)
- President of the Polish-Ukrainian Chapter of the Spanish Arbitration Club (since 2018)
- Board Member of the RAA (since 2017)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (since 2015) and Member of the Approved Faculty List (AFL) of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) (since 2019)
- Member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration (since 2018)
- Member of the ICC Arbitration and ADR Commission (since 2018)
- Member of the TIAC Court of Arbitration (since 2019)
- Member of the Global Steering Committee of the ERA-PLEDGE (since 2019)
Olena Perepelynska is listed as an arbitrator at:
- Arbitration Center at RSPPAsian International Arbitration Center (AIAC)
- Arbitration Court attached to the Economic and Agricultural Chambers of the Czech Republic
- Arbitration Center of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs “Atameken”Court of Arbitration at the Polish Confederation
- LewiatanCourt of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania
- Georgian International Arbitration Centre (GIAC)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- International Arbitration Court at the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- International Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Kazakhstani International ArbitragePacific International Arbitration Centre
- Vienna International Arbitral Center (VIAC)
Publications & Speaking Engagements:
Olena Perepelynska is an author and co-author of more than 110 publications in Ukrainian, Russian, English and Spanish. She takes part in different arbitration events in the CIS counties, Europe, Latin America and the USA as a speaker, moderator or lecturer.
Editorial board member of Arbitration.ru, International Commercial Arbitration Review, Commercial Arbitration Journal.