Nicole Gehringer joined Harris, Hunt & Derr, P.A. as an associate attorney in 2017 practicing exclusively marital and family law. Her practice combines alternative dispute processes, such as mediation and collaborative divorce, with traditional litigation. Before entering private practice, Nicole was a Judicial Staff Attorney in the Thirteenth Circuit Court where she worked closely with several family and dependency judges to conduct legal research, counsel on a variety of complex and unusual legal issues, and draft proposed orders, judgments and memoranda of law. Nicole’s prior experience provides her with unique insight into the decision-making processes of the judiciary, which can be beneficial in not only her litigated cases, but also her settlement-oriented cases.
Nicole received her J.D., magna cum laude, from WMU Cooley Law School, graduating third in her class with a concentration in litigation. She earned the Certificate of Merit (highest grade) in eleven courses and was presented with the Outstanding Scholar Award by Phi Delta Phi, a legal honor society. Prior to law school, Nicole graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree from the University of South Florida.
Nicole is a native of St. Petersburg and still resides there with her husband, Kenny, and two young children. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, boating, and spending time outdoors.
“Nicole was a beacon of hope to me at a time where my options seemed limited. Not only did she demonstrate excellent professionalism and efficiency, the sense of care and detail that she displayed truly made me feel reassured. I am forever grateful for her service and I hereby recommend her without reservation.” – Y.
“[Nicole] was with me for a day long mediation that was difficult, but ultimately successful. She was clear on the facts of the case and the law, and was firm in looking out for my interests. She effectively engaged with the opposing attorney on some thorny points of disagreement…I strongly recommend Nicole Gehringer and the legal team she works with.” – G.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- The Florida Bar, 2015 – Present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2015 – Present; HCBA Leadership Institute, Co-Chair, 2018 – 2019; HCBA Leadership Institute, Member, 2017 – 2018
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2020-2022; Member Services Committee, Co-Chair, 2019 – 2020; Member Services Committee, Member, 2016 – 2019
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers, 2015 – Present; Young Lawyers Division Committee, Member, 2019 – Present; Strategic Partnerships Committee, Member, 2015 – 2016
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2015 – Present
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- Canakaris American Inn of Court, Member, 2019 – 2020
- Stann W. Givens American Inn of Court of Tampa, Member,
2017 – 2019
- How to Open a Courthouse Lactation Room in 10 Easy Steps (co-authored with Lyndsey Siara), Daily Business Review (2020)
- An Update on the Thirteenth Circuit’s Lactation Rooms: Over Two Years Later and We’re Still Pumped (co-authored with Lyndsey Siara), The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Local Affiliate Spotlight (2019)
- Managing Client Expectations at the Outset of Divorce (co-authored with Nancy Harris), Lawyer Magazine, Hillsborough County Bar Association (2018)
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Unveils Lactation Rooms (co-authored with Lyndsey Siara), Lawyer Magazine, Hillsborough County Bar Association (2017)
- Co-spearheaded the opening of lactation rooms in the George E. Edgecomb Courthouse
- Lawyers for Literacy, Volunteer Reader
- Pinellas County Schools Lunch Pals Mentoring Program
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Law Week, Volunteer Participant