Nicole Hancock is the Boise Office Managing Partner and a trial attorney who handles complex business litigation matters in federal and state court. Nicole is a business-savvy trial attorney, having served as in-house counsel for a global seed company and as lead trial counsel in state and federal court matters. She is focused on her clients’ business needs and works to find solutions that meet their business goals. In addition to her litigation work, Nicole serves as outside general counsel for mid-sized companies, using her prior experience as in-house counsel to provide legal services that mitigate against corporate risk and exposure. Nicole uses her business and courtroom experience to develop and implement winning legal strategies that are efficient and help achieve her clients’ desired outcomes.
Nicole’s trial practice emphasizes commercial and corporate disputes and risk mitigation. She has litigated cases involving contract disputes, corporate fiduciary duty claims, non-compete disputes, product liability claims, chemical application and drift claims, corporate risk management, business transactions, advertising claims, trade secret defense and enforcement, corporate torts, and injunction actions. Nicole is a highly respected litigator who has successfully first-chaired trials in federal and state courts, arbitration, and regulatory actions that range from high-stakes litigation to smaller matters that have an impact on her clients’ businesses. She is also recognized for her handling of administrative and regulatory enforcement proceedings.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.stoel.com/people/nicole-c-hancock
- 101 South Capitol Boulevard, Suite 1900
Boise, ID 83702-7705
- Willamette University , J.D., graduated 2002
- Idaho, Idaho State Bar
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- Ninth Circuit Conference of the United States Court - Lawyer Representative, 2015–2018; Lawyer Representative Emeritus, 2019–2020
- International Association of Defense Counsel - Member
- American Agricultural Law Association - Member
- American Seed Trade Association - Member
- Idaho Eastern Oregon Seed Association - Member
- Idaho Food Producers Association - Member
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Agriculture Law
- Selected as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” (Idaho) by Chambers USA (currently: Litigation: General Commercial), 2011–present
- Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers® (Business Litigation, Corporate), 2013–present
- Listed as a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation, 2018–present
- Recipient, Idaho Women Lawyers’ Kate Feltham Award, 2017
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.