Recognized since 2023
Nicolas Bouckaert is a Partner at Kennedys, whose Paris office he co-founded in October 2017. He is qualified as a French avocat à la cour and a solicitor in England and Wales, having studied in England (University of Oxford and University of York) and trained at a magic circle firm in the City, before relocating to Paris and joining one of France’s leading (re)insurance practices at litigation boutique firm BOPS.
Nicolas is regularly instructed in complex and international disputes, both before French courts and arbitration tribunals, where he acts for leading insurers and reinsurers, manufacturers and service providers. His practice, which has a particular focus on product liability and political violence & trade credit insurance, includes the entire range of insurance and reinsurance disputes (i.e., coverage, defence and subrogation), as well as general commercial disputes and court-appointed technical investigations (specifically those relating to industrial risks). It spans several key industry sectors, such as real estate, construction, manufacturing, finance and aerospace (Nicolas leads the aerospace product liability practice of Kennedys’ Paris office).
Nicolas is recommended for insurance and aviation by leading legal directories (such as Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners) from which he has received a number of accolades: he has been identified as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ for insurance in France by Legal 500, a leading practitioner for insurance and reinsurance in France by Expert Guides , a ‘Europe Rising Star’ for insurance by LMG and one of France’s ‘Rising Stars’ by IFLR.
He publishes regularly and is one of the co-authors of, inter alia, The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review, The Class Action Law Review, Insurance Litigation (Lexology GTDT), the FARAD Private Life Insurance Handbook and The In-House Lawyer’s Country Comparative Guide on Insurance and Reinsurance.
Nicolas is a member of the Franco-British Lawyers Society, the British Insurance Law Association, the Insurance and Reinsurance Legacy Association, the Association Internationale du Droit des Assurances and the Association du Management des Risques et Assurances de l’Entreprise.
Nicolas is bilingual in English and French and also speaks Italian.
- 31 Rue de Lisbonne
- France, Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- United Kingdom, Solicitor, Qualified in England & Wales
- Association du Management des Risques et Assurances de l’Enterprise - Member
- Association Internationale du Droit des Assurances (AIDA) - Member
- British Insurance Law Association (BILA) - Member
- Franco-British Lawyers Society (FBLS) - Member
- Insurance and Reinsurance Legacy Association (IRLA) - Member
- Insurance Law
- Recommended for Insurance and Aviation by Legal 500 (2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022)
- Recommended for Insurance by Chambers & Partners (2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022)
- Recognized as “Next Generation Partner” for Insurance by Legal 500 (2020, 2021 and 2022)
- Recognized as leading lawyer for Insurance by Expert Guides (2022)
- Recognized as “Rising Star” for Insurance by Expert Guides (2019, 2020 and 2021)
- Recognized as “Rising Star” for Insurance by IFLR (2020)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.