Recognized since 2023
Nicola began her career in family law at a large firm, where she was trained in handling high-asset and complex domestic cases. Nicola now contributes her trial and analytical skills to Wells Family Law, P.C., where she brings compassion and an understanding to her practice. Additionally, Nicola understands the courtroom is often the last place a client wishes to end up, so she is highly effective in guiding her clients through mediation and negotiation in order reach the most favorable outcome.
Nicola is a graduate of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law where she was a member of the Phi Delta Phi academic honor society. During law school, she focused on litigation and gained valuable experience in the field through DU’s Criminal Defense Clinic. She conducted her first jury trial the summer after her first year of law school. Continuing to pursue her interest in trial work, Nicola went on to intern with the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office, and the Denver District Attorney’s Family Violence Unit.
As a stereotypical Colorado resident, in her free time, Nicola enjoys skiing, horseback riding, fly-fishing, and simply spending time outside with family, friends, and her dog, Bridger.
Contact & Links
- 1660 Lincoln Street, Suite 1525
Denver, CO 80264
- Pronouns: She/Her
- Sex: Female
- University of Denver , J.D., graduated 2015
- Bucknell University, B.A, graduated 2009
- Colorado, 2016
- Montana, 2017
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Women's Bar Association - Member
- Denver Bar Association - Member
- DU Law Professional Mentoring Program - Professional Mentor
- Florence Crittenton Legal Clinic - Volunteer Attorney
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers - Volunteer Attorney
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch - 2022
- Pro Bono Achievement Award - Colorado Supreme Court, 2022
- Superb Rated Attorney - Avvo, 2022
- Rising Star - Super Lawyer, 2021 & 2022
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society - 2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.