Recognized since 2018
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Nick Fogel is the practice group leader of Burg Simpson’s workers’ compensation department, which has achieved Tier 1 status by US News and World Report (the highest-ranking available). His practice is devoted to those who have been injured while working on the job and in the line of duty. In this capacity, Nick has extensive courtroom experience handling a wide variety of matters.
Nick’s practice focuses on the representation of law enforcement, firefighters, and first responders who sustain injuries in the line of duty. Nick has represented law enforcement and first responders from departments across the state. Nick has also handled medical retirement claims filed through the Fire Police Pension Association (FPPA). In 2017, Nick assisted in the passage of HB 1229 which changed the legal standard to allow for the admission of workers’ compensation benefits for first responders related to on-duty PTSD. Nick regularly gives seminars and presentations to law enforcement and first responder groups regarding workers’ compensation.
In 2016, Nick was named as the Outstanding Claimant Attorney of the Year. The award is given for exemplary service and diligent representation of injured workers as recognized by the Professionals In Workers Compensation. In 2010, Nick was selected by Law Week Colorado as one of Colorado’s Up-and-Coming Lawyers, a distinction given to attorneys who are, at most, in their sixth year of practice and have already accomplished tremendous things professionally and in the community. Nick has also been selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association for inclusion in The Top 40 under 40 Association and as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Colorado. The selection is based on superior qualifications, leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile in the Trial Lawyer community. Nick has also been selected by The American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 40 Litigation Lawyers under 40 in Colorado. Since 2012, Nick has been selected as a Colorado Super Lawyer Rising Star, a distinction limited to only the top 2.5 percent of qualifying lawyers in the state. Nick has also been selected to the Best Lawyers in America and as a Top Colorado Attorney by 5280 Magazine. Nick is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. An elite group of approximately 10 percent of all attorneys hold an AV Preeminent Rating.
Nick is proud to be a founding board member of the Jeremy Bitner Fallen Officer Fund. The Fund was created in honor of Detective Jeremy Bitner, who was killed by a drunk driver while in the line of duty. The fund provides assistance to the families of officers that have been killed in the line of duty. Nick is also a board member of the Denver Firefighter’s Foundation, whose mission is to improve firefighter safety and quality of life. Nick is also a board member of the Colorado Judicial Institute, whose mission is to ensure the merit-based selection of judges. Nick has volunteered for the ZRBG pension project in representing Holocaust survivors in order to ascertain pension benefits from the German government. Nick is also a board member of the Workers’ Compensation Education Association.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.burgsimpson.com/attorneys/nick-fogel/
- 40 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
- University of Denver, J.D., graduated 2007
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A. , graduated 2003
- United States, Colorado
- United States, District of Colorado
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Judicial Institute - Ex-Officio Board Member / Co-chair Young Professionals Division
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) - Member
- Denver Bar Association - Member
- Minoru Yasui Inn of Court - Member
- Our Courts Colorado - New Media Committee Member / Executive Committee Member
- The National Trial Lawyers - Member
- Workers’ Compensation Education Association - Member
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers®, 2022
- Professionals in Workers' Compensation, Claimant Attorney of the Year, 2016
- Arapahoe County Bar Association Fellow
- Named '10 Best' in Colorado, the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2015
- Top 40 Litigation Lawyer Under 40 in the state of Colorado, American Society of Legal Advocates
- Selected to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2012 - 2021
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Colorado, The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- Up-and-Coming Lawyers, Law Week Colorado, 2010
- AVVO®, Highest Distinction of Superb 10.0 Attorney Rating
- Top Lawyer, 5280 Magazine, 2016
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America, 2018-2022
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.