Recognized since 2013
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Nicholas Pothitakis was born June 4, 1966, in Fort Madison, Iowa. He attended the Univesity of Iowa from 1984 through 1988, obtaining a degree in Finance and a degree in Economics with Honors and with High Distinciton.
Mr. Pothitakis enrolled in the fall of 1988 at one of the top law schools in the country, the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, Texas. He received his Doctor of Jurisprudence in the summer of 1991. Since then, Mr. Pothitakis has practiced primarily in the areas of Iowa Workers' Compensation and personal injury. The Pothitakis Law Firm, P.C., has offices in Burlington and Keokuk, Iowa.
Mr. Pothitakis was a board member Iowa Association of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, Inc., from 2005- 2011. In 2011, he was elected to the position of treasurer of the organization. In October of 2013 Mr. Pothitakis was elected the Vice President of the Association. In 2014 he was elected the President of the association and served as president in 2015. The objective of Iowa Association of Workers Compensation Lawyers is to promote the administration of justice, to provide continuing legal education in the area of Iowa workers’ compensation law, and to take such further actions to enhance the effectiveness of workers’ compensation laws and their administration in the State of Iowa. IAWC is made up of lawyers from the State of Iowa that focus on Iowa Workers Compensation Injuries and Cases.
Mr. Pothitakis was a member of the Board of Governors of the Iowa Trial Lawyers Association from 2006 to 2007 and from 2014 to 2015. Mr. Pothitakis was a board member of the Workers' Compensation Section of the Iowa State Bar Association from 2000-2002. He was a past member of the Workers' Compensation Core Group of the Iowa Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Pothitakis has been a longstanding member of the Iowa Association for Justice, the Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group, and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Pothitakis was the President of the Des Moines County Bar Association for 2013.
In 2017, and 2018 Mr. Pothitakis was named to the Super Lawyers List and Best Lawyers.
- 320 North Third Street, Suite 100
P.O. Box 337
Burlington, IA 52601-0337
- The University of Texas, J.D., graduated 1991
- The University of Iowa, BBA, graduated 1988
- Iowa, The Iowa State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Des Moines County Bar Association - President
- Iowa Association of Workers Compensation Attorney's - President
- Iowa Association for Justice - Member
- Iowa Association Of Workers Compensation Attorney's - Treasurer
- Super Lawyers - Member- Iowa Workers' Compensation
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers - Member
- Union Plus - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants, Davenport (2023)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- The Nations Top 100 Injured Workers' Attorneys- WILG 2014
- 2013-2018 Super Lawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.