Recognized since 2022
Banking and Finance Law
Real Estate Law
Nate enjoys collaborating with clients to develop creative and cost-effective solutions on a variety of complex corporate, real estate, international and energy-related legal matters.
Nate is an associate in the Real Estate, Corporate, Energy, Finance, and International Practice Groups at Cades Schutte. He has successfully guided a diverse range of clients, from individuals to multinational corporations, in navigating Hawaii’s unique legal environment.
Born and raised in Honolulu, Nate received his joint law degrees (J.D. and LL.M.) from Duke University School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Pepperdine University. In law school, he earned the James S. Bidlake Memorial Award in Legal Analysis, Research & Writing and was a Lead Editor on the Alaska Law Review. Nate participated in the Duke in DC program and externed in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office of General Counsel International Section. He also interned in the Legal Department of the International Finance Corporation (Hong Kong office), a member of the World Bank Group.
At Pepperdine University, Nate was a National Merit Scholar and Regents’ Scholar. He also participated in the inaugural Shanghai, China International Program. After graduating from Pepperdine, he returned to Shanghai to further his Chinese language studies at Fudan University. Nate is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. Outside of the office, he enjoys traveling, surfing, and rock climbing.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.cades.com/attorney/nathan-c-yang/
- Cades Schutte Building, Suite 1200
1000 Bishop Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
- Duke University , J.D.
- Duke University , LL.M. International and Comparative Law
- Pepperdine University, B.A. Economics, Minor in Asian Studies, Certificate in Conflict Management
- Hawaii, Hawaii State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Hawaii State Bar Association - Member
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Corporate Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Advised and represented clients on multi-million dollar financing arrangements.
- Participated in workout involving multiple corporate entities of a $24+ million real estate development project.
- Collaborated with government agency to design and implement comprehensive process allowing agency to evaluate legal and legislative developments and protect its vital interests.
- Assisted clients from various industries in successfully navigating proceedings before the Public Utilities Commission.
- Drafted United States papers for submission to Arctic Council working group on Arctic marine tourism regulation, and shipping incidents and fuel oil discharges in Arctic waters.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.