- West Virginia University, J,D., graduated 2002
- West Virginia, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court of Appeals
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance - Vice President, West Virginia Chapter
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Litigation - Insurance
AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2010-2017
Natalie C. Schaefer focuses her diverse practice on high-stakes litigation involving catastrophic injury, loss, and wrongful death in various industries including construction, mining, product manufacturing, retail and hospitality,and trucking. Ms. Schaefer defends employers, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, construction, engineering, and architectural companies, mining companies, and commercial trucking companies in (1) pre-suit investigations; (2) all phases of litigation from the initial pre-suit investigation through trial and appeal; (3) mediation/arbitration/ADR; and (4) preventive risk management consultation.
An Order of the Coif and Order of Barristers graduate of the West Virginia College of Law, she was the 2002 Lugar Trial Association Invitational Competition winner and also served as Executive Board Member for the West Virginia University Law Review.She is the recipient of the peer-reviewed honor “Super Lawyer Rising Star” for 6 consecutive years. She obtained her AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, evidencing her dedication to the preeminent practice of law and high ethical standards.
Ms. Schaefer is married to Dr. Mark E. Schaefer, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Political Science at Marietta College. They live in Charleston with their two children.