Natalie Abela is a director in Cowell Clarke’s Dispute Resolution team, and also leads our Estate Administration and Insurance teams.
Natalie practices predominantly in commercial litigation, with specialist expertise across corporate and personal insolvency, business and contract dispute resolution, probate and estate dispute resolution and defamation law. Having had significant experience in complex litigious matters for both national and international clients, Natalie also has a focus on alternative dispute resolution as an adjunct and alternative to legal proceedings.
Natalie has been asked to present to in-house clients as well as a variety of conferences across Australia. Her expertise has been recognised by her inclusion in Best Lawyers in Australia (2021 Edition) since 2020 for Litigation Law.
- Liquidations, voluntary administrations, insolvent trading claims and receiverships.
- Contractual disputes.
- Resolving and/or defending unfair preference and uncommercial transaction claims.
- Acting for Trustees and individuals in relation to personal insolvency.
- Administering deceased estates.
- Disputes relating to testamentary capacity, the validity of wills, powers of attorney and advance care directives, construction and interpretation of wills pursuant to the Inheritance (Family Provision) Act 1972 (SA).
- All aspects of succession planning including wills, powers of attorney and advanced care directives.
- Insurance disputes and claims.
- Franchise disputes.