Nancy's practice focuses primarily on the tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations, including cross-border transactions or financings and intragroup restructuring. She has worked on a wide variety of transactions for multinationals, private companies, senior, intermediate and junior resource issuers, income and royalty trusts, and private equity groups.
Select recent experience includes:
- Apollo Global Management LLC-backed Jupiter Resources on its C$2-billion acquisition of Encana's Bighorn properties in Alberta
- Petrobank Energy and Resources Ltd. on its combination arrangement with Touchstone Exploration Inc.
- Suncor on the C$515-million acquisition of Total E&P's interest in the Voyageur Upgrading Limited Partnership
- C&C Energia Ltd. in connection with its acquisition by Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. and spin-out and listing of Platino Energy Corp., an exploration stage oil and gas company
- ExxonMobil Canada Ltd. on its C$3.1-billion acquisition of Celtic Exploration Ltd.
- Charger Energy Corp. on its amalgamation with Pace Oil & Gas Ltd. and AvenEx Energy Corp.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Nancy has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015 as a leading lawyer in the area of Tax Law.