Recognized since 2016
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Nancy Hancock’s business law and corporate finance practice encompasses technology, tax, venture capital, securities and e-commerce. Business owners and management rely on Nancy’s substantive expertise in numerous fields in representing them. Her clients include entrepreneurs, companies financed with venture capital, and family-owned enterprises. Their varied businesses have included not only businesses in metal bending, casting and plating; crucible manufacturing; and industrial components design, manufacture and distribution; but also marketing, private equity, hedge funds; and investment portfolio management. Nancy develops and negotiates the terms of software licenses, enterprise application software agreements and IT consulting and service agreements. Her bricks and mortar background in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts has translated well into making her a capable solutions provider for sophisticated business problems.
Nancy negotiates acquisitions, divestitures and strategic alliances and licenses involving traditional and technology-based businesses. Her work includes guiding companies through acquisitive and divisive reorganizations, drafting shareholders agreements, providing tax-based advice for business structures, and securities law compliance.
As a company counselor, Nancy brings her clients the benefit of her broad experience. She advises boards of directors and business managers on more than just corporate governance, but also the practical ramifications of their choices. She writes comprehensible business forms for protecting and licensing technology and software and for the sale of goods and services. She works with clients to create and negotiate contracts that are sensible, thorough and usable in the real world. She drafts and negotiates intellectual property licenses, web hosting agreements, contact licensing, technology escrows and intellectual property-based financing documents. She prepares proprietary information protection and noncompetition agreements for technology-based businesses. She is versed in the protection and exploitation of the assets of fast-growth companies. Technical consultants, analysts and application service providers also rely on Nancy’s skills.
Nancy has been recognized as a leader at the firm. As a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, she brings firsthand understanding to the C-level executives she often advises. She also chairs several of the firm’s specific practice areas, including the Emerging Business and Venture Capital Practice, as well as the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology Practice. As a member of the firm’s Corporate Transactions and Securities practices, she guides privately-held businesses through their critical generational control and tax planning processes.
As an active member of the firm’s Tax Practice, Nancy has litigated and negotiated business valuations with the Internal Revenue Service. She works with her clients’ internal accounting staff and outside auditors to coordinate business and tax planning goals seamlessly.
Nancy represents investment advisers, commodity pool operators, broker-dealers and other securities professionals and advises them on compliance with state and federal securities laws. She has experience in dealing with complex fixed and equity financial products and securitized debt portfolios. She is also active in the firm’s Commercial Finance practice, representing borrowers and lenders alike.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pullcom.com/people-nancyhancock
- 850 Main Street
P.O. Box 7006
Bridgeport, CT 06601-7006
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Bar Fondation - James W. Cooper Life Fellow
- Connecticut Technology Council - Board of Directors Member
- Connecticut Venture Group - Board of Directors Member
- Council on Law in Higher Education - Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Associaton - Member
- National Charity League - Parliamentarian and Board Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Stamford (2023)
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Stamford (2021)
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Stamford (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell; Selected for the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Named one of Fairfield County's "Top Lawyers" by Darien/New Canaan, Fairfield Living, Greenwich, Stamford and Westport magazines, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.