Recognized since 2013
Nancy Copperthwaite litigates complex disputes, including class actions and appeals, and advises employers on employment law issues. She has handled more than 100 appeals and has argued in all five of Florida’s district courts of appeal (DCA) as well as in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Ranked by Best Lawyers in America for appellate work, her diverse experience includes handling appeals of bankruptcy proceedings, class actions, complex commercial matters, employment disputes, land use matters, real estate litigation and securities cases. She served as Chair of the Appellate Court Committee of the Dade County Bar Association.
Contact & Links
- Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 1100
98 Southeast Seventh Street
Miami, FL 33131
- Princeton University, BA, magna cum laude, graduated 1978
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association - Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Appellate Court Committee - Past Chair
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) - Member
- Key West Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Monroe County Bar Association - Member
- Princeton Club of South Florida - Treasurer and Past President
- Third DCA Historical Society - Charter Member
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Insurance Law
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2014-2016, Listed in Florida for Appellate
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.