Murray D. Feldman
Recognized since 2001
Litigation - Environmental
Natural Resources Law
Mr. Feldman has worked on client projects and federal court cases throughout the Pacific Northwest, and in California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Wyoming, Michigan, and Alabama. His experience includes mining and oil and gas operations; highway construction projects; water, natural gas, and petroleum products pipelines; water resource development infrastructure; industrial facilities; ranch operations; residential home, resort, and subdivision development; and outfitter and guide operations and facilities.
He advises clients on the major laws affecting natural resources and environmental matters, including the ESA; NEPA; Federal Land Policy and Management Act; National Forest Management Act; and National Park Service Organic Act. He also advises clients on permitting issues under the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and other federal and state environmental programs.
Mr. Feldman has been admitted to practice in California, Colorado, and Idaho, and before the U.S. Supreme Court, and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Ninth, Tenth, and D.C. Circuits. Prior to joining Holland & Hart, he served as a law clerk to Justice George Lohr of the Colorado Supreme Court. From 2001-2003, he headed Holland & Hart's firmwide environmental practice group, and from 2009-2012 he was the Boise office administrative partner. He currently chairs the firm's Partner Responsibility Committee.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.hollandhart.com/mfeldman
- 800 West Main Street, Suite 1750
Boise, ID 83702
- California, The State Bar of California
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- Idaho, Idaho State Bar
- East Boise Little League - Board Member
- Idaho Humanities Council - Board and Executive Committee Member
- Selway-Bitterroot Frank Church Foundation - Board Member
183 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
59 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Environmental, Boise (2023)
- Natural Resources Law, Boise (2023)
- Natural Resources Law, Boise (2020)
- Environmental Law, Boise (2019)
- Litigation - Environmental, Boise (2019)
- Litigation - Environmental, Boise (2016)
- Environmental Law, Boise (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Natural Resources Law
- Volunteer Lawyer of the Year, Land and Water Fund of the Rockies, 1992
- Celebrating Natural Resources Award (for contributions to inter-disciplinary natural resource management), University of Idaho College of Natural Resources, 2004
- Listed in Chambers USA’s listing of America’s leading lawyers for business since 2006
- Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers since 2007
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.