Recognized since 2013
Monte E. Frank is a member in Pullman & Comley’s Litigation practice, representing business and municipal clients in the state and federal courts in Connecticut and before administrative agencies on a wide range of matters. He regularly represents clients in mediation and arbitration in Connecticut and other states.
Monte is immediate past president of both the Connecticut Bar Association and the New England Bar Association. He previously served as president-elect and vice-president of the CBA. He currently represents Connecticut in the American Bar Association's House of Delegates. He has served as an attorney trial referee, factfinder and arbitrator for the Judicial District of Danbury since 2000.
Monte appears regularly on television, radio and in newspapers for his work on violence prevention, including CNN, MSNBC, NPR, WCBS, USA Today, and The Washington Post. He has written numerous op-ed pieces, co-authoring many with Connecticut’s United States Senator Richard Blumenthal and another with Senator Blumenthal, Senator Chris Murphy and Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty, that have been published by Connecticut, national and international media outlets, including The Guardian and The Hill, where he is a contributor. In 2014, Monte lectured at Cornell Law School and has sat on many panels at the Connecticut Legal Conference, the University of Connecticut School of Law, Quinnipiac Law School and The National Council of Bar Presidents.
An avid cyclist, Monte still competes on the road and in mountain bike and cyclocross races throughout the Northeast and Canada. He represented the United States at the 2013 and 2017 World Maccabiah Games in Israel and has won six medals, including four silver medals and two bronze medals. He founded and leads Team 26 on the Sandy Hook Ride on Washington (2013-2017).
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pullcom.com/people-montefrank
- 850 Main Street
P.O. Box 7006
Bridgeport, CT 06601-7006
- Cornell University, BA, graduated 1990
- Connecticut, Connecticut
- Connecticut, US District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States, US Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- Greater Danbury Bar Association - Past President
- Judicial District of Danbury - Attorney Trial Referee, Factfinder and Arbitrator, 2000 - present
- National Council of Bar Presidents - Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- American Bar Association - House of Delegates; Gun Violence Task Force
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Connecticut Bar Association - Board of Governors, House of Delegates; chair, Diversity and Inclusion Committee; past chair (2014-2016), Legislative Policy and Review Committee; past chair (2015-2016), Council of Bar Presidents
- Connecticut Bar Association - Immediate Past President
- Connecticut Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Federal Bar Council - Member, 2nd Circuit Courts Committee
- Judicial District of Danbury - Attorney Trial Referee, Factfinder, Arbitrator
- New England Bar Association - Immediate Past President
- Trial Lawyers Care - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Pro bono Service Award (2014)
- New Leaders of the Law Award, Connecticut Law Tribune (2003)
- Listed in Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, since 2009 in the area of Commercial Litigation
- Named as a "Local Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation (2017) in the area of Labor and Employment
- Listed in Best Lawers in America since 2013 for his work in the area of Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.