Recognized since 2008
Trusts and Estates
Ms. Abshire has authored professional papers and Houston Chronicle articles, which typically focus on topics such as estate planning, Medicaid planning, elder law and special needs trusts.
She is a former President of the Texas Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. In 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, she was named a Texas Super Lawyer for Estate Planning. Texas’ Best Lawyers named Ms. Abshire Lawyer of the Year in Elder Law for the Houston area in 2012 and 2016. She is a Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, an invitation only organization of 2,700 attorneys nationwide.
She is co-author of a column in the Houston Chronicle called Elder Law Notes and is a regular speaker on elder law topics. She also co-authored Save My Home! Saving Your Home, Farm or Ranch from Medicaid Estate Recovery in Texas, a book on Medicaid estate recovery and West's Texas Elder Law, Volume 51, Texas Practice Series.
Contact & Links
- 4949 Bissonnet Street
Bellaire, TX 77401
- South Texas College of Law , J.D., graduated 1993
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trusts & Estates Section - Council Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Member
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section - Member
- Texas Chapter of NAELA, Past President - Board Member 2005-2011
- Texas - Supreme Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Elder Law, Houston (2018)
- Elder Law, Houston (2016)
- Elder Law, Houston (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Elder Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers - Estate Planning & Probate, Texas Monthly, 2007-2015
- Lawyer on the Fast Track, H Texas Magazine, 2004
- Martindale Hubble AV® Peer Review Rated*†
- Listed as a Top Rate Lawyer in Trust & Estate Law, The American Lawyer Magazine, 2013
- Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, ACTEC
- Listed as Lawyer of the Year, Texas' Best Lawyers, 2012, 2016 and 2018
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Texas' Best Lawyers, 2008-2020
- Houston's Top Lawyers for the People, H Texas Magazine, 2008, 2010, 2012-2015
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.