Recognized since 2013
Family Law Arbitration
Family Law Mediation
Mitch is a State Bar Certified Family Law Specialist. Over the course of his thirty years practicing family law, the majority of his work has been in high conflict, complex domestic relations cases. He has helped high net worth clients address such issues as business and professional practice valuation, commingling of separate and community property, concealment of transactions either during the marriage or the divorce proceedings, attempted sales of businesses during dissolution and transfers of assets without consideration. Included in his area of expertise is presenting claims in determination or modification of spousal maintenance especially when the spouses do not have earning potential parity. In addition, Mitch has negotiated and drafted both pre and post marital agreements and has assisted clients in the enforcement of premarital agreements during divorce proceedings. He has represented parents when determining rights of decision-making, custody, and parenting time in cases involving complexities resulting from infidelity, substance abuse, sexual addiction, special needs and challenged children.
Mitch is a strong proponent of helping clients “opt out” of the judicial system by attempting resolution of issues through alternative means. Often opting out is the strategy that best suits his goal of maximizing the probability that each of his clients obtain a favorable outcome in his or her family law proceeding given their circumstances. Mitch is licensed to practice in Arizona and California. More
Contact & Links
- 3200 North Central Avenue, Suite 2000
Phoenix, AZ 85012
- University of San Diego , J.D., graduated 1982
- Arizona State University, BA, graduated 1979
- Arizona, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1983
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- Children's Behavioral Health Council by appointment from the President of the State Sentate - Previously Served
- Domestic Relations Custody Study Group (until the group disbanded) - Former Member
- Executive Council of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona - Board Member
- State Bar of Arizona - Certified Family Law Specialist
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law Mediation, Phoenix (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Family Law Arbitration
- Family Law Mediation
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized as a "Top 10 Family Law Lawyer" by Arizona Business Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America- Family Law, Family Law Arbitration, Family Law Mediation, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Southwest Super Lawyer, 2009-2019
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.