Recognized since 2007
Government Relations Practice
Miriam Dant is widely recognized as a skilled government affairs professional whose broad public and private sector experience enables her to craft government solutions for her clients. She founded Dant Advocacy in 2006, and has grown the firm with clients ranging from some of the world's largest manufacturers, to homegrown Indiana companies, to trade associations and municipalities. The firm is certified by the State of Indiana as a Women's Business Enterprise, and represents clients at the Indiana Statehouse on issues covering energy, tax, transportation, gaming, health care, financial services, economic development, environment, technology, manufacturing, public safety, municipal matters and more.
Miriam has been listed in Best Lawyers®, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, since 2007, and was named Lawyer of the Year for Government Relations Practice in 2016 and 2018. Additional recognitions include being named by The Indianapolis Business Journal and Indiana Lawyer to the “Influential Women in Indianapolis,” and recognition in the Indianapolis Business Journal's “Forty Under 40”.
Miriam's government experience includes serving from 1993 to 1997 as Gov. Evan Bayh’s adviser on environmental and energy issues. She also served as Counsel to the Indiana Secretary of State and as Indiana securities commissioner under Secretary of State (now mayor of Indianapolis) Joe Hogsett.
She currently serves as board president for the Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council. Her other civic activities include having served on the board of the Governmental Affairs Society of Indiana and Second Helpings. She is an appointee of the mayor of Carmel to the Carmel Music and Film Festival and the Midtown Community Development Corporation, and is a past president of the Carmel Ethics Commission.
- 143 West Market Street, Suite 500
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, J.D., graduated 1987
- Indiana University Bloomington, BS, graduated 1984
- Ethics Board, City of Carmel - Mayoral Appointee, Past President
- Governmental Affairs Society of Indiana - Board Member
- Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation - Board Member
- Jewish Community Relations Council - Board Member, Government Affairs Committee Chair
- Government Relations Practice, Indianapolis (2018)
- Government Relations Practice, Indianapolis (2016)
- Government Relations Practice
- Government Affairs
- Government Contracts
- State Lobbying
- Sagamore of the Wabash from Governor Evan Bayh
- Indianapolis Business Journal Forty Under 40
- Indiana Lawyer/Indianapolis Business Journal Influential Woman
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.