Miquel has immeasurable experience as a legal practitioner. His career got under way more than forty years ago in the different facets of business law, particularly administrative law, urban zoning law, and direct and indirect public procurement processes through the then recent quasi-public companies.
Thanks to his experience with government bodies, he became directly involved in a number of hugely important negotiations and operations geared towards Spain’s future development (project finance and mergers and acquisitions in different sectors). This afforded him first-hand experience of Spain and Europe’s ongoing economic development, above all in the regulated sectors of the economy, from which he would become familiar with the latest approaches to contracting and procurement in the fields of commercial and corporate law.
His impressive track record means his name carries considerable weight in arbitration and mediation proceedings. Miquel was regional government delegate for Barcelona and chairman of the parliamentary group of Catalonia at the Spanish Congress of Deputies. He sat on the committee that drafted the Spanish Constitution of 1978, and also formed part of the committee that prepared the Statute of Autonomy of Catalonia.
From 1982 to 1995, Miquel was chairman of the group representing the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan autonomous government) on the Bilateral Cooperation Committee with the central government of Spain.
Spanish, Catalan, English and French.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
- Madrid Bar Association.
- Bar Association of the Balearic Islands.
- Girona Bar Association.
- Figueres Bar Association.
- Chairman of Societat Econòmica Barcelonesa d’Amics del País.
- Chairman of the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya.
- Honorary chairman of the Alumni Association of Universitat de Barcelona.
- Lifetime trustee of Fundación Gala-Salvador Dalí.
- Member of the advisory committee of Foment del Treball.
- Law Degree, Universitat de Barcelona, 1961.
- Visiting lecturer of constitutional law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Recommended by Best Lawyers International, since 2008 edition, in the areas of Corporate and M&A, Administrative Law and banking and Finances.
- Recommended by Chambers Europe, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 edition, in the area of Corporate and M&A.
- Recommended by Chambers Europe - Leaders in Their Field, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 edition.
- Recommended by Chambers Global, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 edition, in the area of Corporate and M&A.
- Recommended by Chambers Global - Leaders in Their Field, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 edition.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2009 and 2010 edition, in the area of Corporate and M&A.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 EMEA, 2012 edition, in the area of Corporate and M&A.
- Recommended by Practical Law Company, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 edition, in the area of Corporate and M&A.