Recognized since 2013
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
Since cofounding Stein Sperling 40 years ago, Millard Bennett has built a robust and varied business law practice, while simultaneously growing and expanding the firm as Managing Partner into one of Montgomery County’s largest and most sought after law firms. In addition to his time tested business acumen, Millard’s intuition, empathy and meticulous attention to his clients’ individual needs has earned him a reputation as a go-to business lawyer.
Beyond advising clients on business formation, structure, ownership and governance, Millard has navigated clients through difficult ownership transitions and succession planning, complex family business estate planning and business controversy negotiation and litigation. He is known for his ability to find creative and innovative solutions to seemingly intractable situations.
His business background, as well as his tenure managing the firm until recently gives Millard unique insight into the legal and financial needs of his business clients. Millard serves as a trusted advisor to numerous large and small clients on business and management issues. He is frequently called on to serve as a speaker on topics including business transitions, disputes, controversy, and succession-related issues.
A deep and abiding love of the practice of law and the opportunity to serve his clients inspires Millard to this day. One of his most gratifying experiences was negotiating a client gift to establish a nationally renowned, preeminent cancer research center and its governing structure. The process of doing so spanned nearly a decade. As Millard explained, “Helping my client’s wishes come to fruition and creating something designed to save lives was a true career highlight for me.”
- Direct Phone Number: 301-838-3203
- Lawyer Page: https://steinsperling.com/attorneys/millard-bennett/
- 1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 700
Rockville, MD 20852
- American University, J.D., graduated 1977
- University of Maryland, BS, graduated 1971
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- American University Washington College of Law - Dean's Advisory Council
- American University Washington College of Law - John Sherman Myers Society
- The Dr. Cyrus and Myrtle Katzen Cancer Research Center at George Washington University - Board Member
- The Dr. Cyrus Katzen Foundation, Inc. - Board of Directors
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Best Lawyers (2012-present)
- Maryland Super Lawyers magazine, Maryland Super Lawyer (2007, 2009-2018)
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers magazine, Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer (2007, 2009-2018)
- Super Lawyers Business Edition (2014-2016)
- Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition, Featured Attorneys in Business and Corporate Law (2010, 2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent peer review rating
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.