Michelle N. O'Brien
Recognized in:Environmental LawLitigation - Environmental
Law School:Suffolk University
Firm's Phone Number:
Location:100 Summer StreetBoston, MA 02110
Michelle O'Brien handles environmental and land use permitting and related litigation for various types of developments including residential homes, commercial buildings, waterfront properties, wind turbines, and solid waste facilities. She defends companies in environmental enforcement matters at the federal, state, and local levels. She represents private parties in cost recovery and property damage claims involving releases of oil and hazardous materials, and assists clients with real estate transactions involving contaminated properties.
- Suffolk University , J.D., cum laude, graduated 1990
- Lesley University, B.S. Ed., magna cum laude, graduated 1982
- United States, Massachusetts
- United States, Maine
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association - Former Council Member
- Boston Bar Association - Former Co-Chair, Environmental Sustainability Task Force
- CREW Boston (formerly known as New England Women in Real Estate) - Member
- Environmental Business Council - Site Remediation and Redevelopment Committee
- Environmental Business Council of New England - Member, Board of Directors (2016)
- Lesley University Alumni Association - Two-term President
- Lesley University Board of Trustees and Alumni Council - Member
- Licensed Site Professional Association - Associate Member
- Massachusetts Chapter, Society for Women Environmental Professionals - Founding member
- MassDEP Waste Site Cleanup Advisory Committee - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Recognized as a "Massachusetts Super Lawyer" in environmental law (2006–present).
- Recognized by Chambers USA for environmental law (2007-present).
- Included in the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers (2011-present).
- Named to Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly 2015 "Top Women of Law" List.
- LSP Association Member Award for contributions to the practice (2007).
- Massachusetts - Trial Courts
- Enforcement Defense
- Environmental Permitting
- Land Use and Zoning
- RCRA/Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste
- Superfunds/Environmental Remediation
Lawyer Practice Areas
7 Office Locations
in 2 Countries