Recognized since 2020
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Michelle M. Kohut is a Chicago personal injury trial lawyer and was named Partner at Corboy & Demetrio in 2019. She practices in all areas of personal injury law, including cases arising from automobile collisions, medical malpractice, construction negligence, premises liability, product liability and railroad negligence, as well as in the area of workers' compensation.
Michelle has tried many personal injury cases to verdict and has obtained numerous multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of her clients.
Michelle is very active in local and national bar associations, including the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, where she served as President for 2013-2014.
Michelle was selected to the 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers in America in the area of personal injury litigation. Also, in 2020, Michelle was selected to Illinois Super Lawyers in the area of personal injury litigation. It's the seventh year for of her selection.
In 2019, Michelle was selected to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers, a highly-selective group of trial attorneys from across the country. Since 2014, Michelle has been named an Illinois Leading Lawyer, a designation earned by only 5% of attorneys in the state.
In 2014, the National Law Journal honored Michelle for her accomplishments in law by recognizing her in "Two Steps Forward: Leading Women in Law." Michelle was honored by the Chicago Bar Association's Alliance For Women Alta May Hulett Award in 2013 for her work in helping women in the legal profession.
In 2007, in recognition of her success, hard work and community involvement, she was named one of "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company.Michelle has served as President of Women Everywhere - Partners in Service Project, Inc., a community service project that helps women and children in need and introduces teenage girls to the legal profession. She has also served on the Board of Directors of Heartland International Health Center, which is dedicated to improving the health of persons in Chicago-area communities by providing affordable, quality and multilingual health services.A graduate of Loyola University Chicago School of Law,
Michelle was a Judicial Law Clerk to William D. Maddux, Presiding Judge of the Law Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County, prior to joining Corboy & Demetrio.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.corboydemetrio.com/attorneys-michelle-kohut
- E-mail: MMK@corboydemetrio.com
- 33 North Dearborn Street, 21st Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
- Loyola University Chicago , J.D., graduated 2002
- Loyola University Chicago, B.A., graduated 1996
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA), Hearing Officer 2011-Present; Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2005-Present - Investigator
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Tort Law Section Council, 2016-Present - Member
- Women Everywhere - Partners in Service, Inc., 2009-2010 - President
- Women's Bar Association - President, 2013-2014
- U.S. District(Northern District of Illinois)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- "Two Steps Forward: Leading Women in Law," National Law Journal, 2014
- Alta May Hulett Award, Chicago Bar Association's Alliance For Women, 2013
- "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch," Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2007
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.