Michelle practices in all areas of trust and estate law. With nearly 25 years of corporate and commercial experience, she provides comprehensive solutions for clients from both estate planning and succession planning perspectives. Michelle is recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in Trusts and Estates.
Michelle regularly presents on estate and succession planning to clients, financial planners and insurance agents. She is also a dedicated member of her community, serving on boards for Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Business and Professional Women’s Club of Edmonton and STEP Edmonton.
Shaping strong legacies for clients from Edmonton and beyond, Michelle tailors her approach to each individual’s vision.
Outside of work, she enjoys running, biking and hiking with her family and two dogs.
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 1995
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of Alberta, 1994
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm), University of Alberta, 1991
Memberships & Affiliations
- Director, Society for Estate and Trust Practitioners, Edmonton Branch (STEP)
- Director and President, Business and Professional Women’s Chapter of Edmonton
- Director, Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Edmonton CREW Association (Commercial Real Estate Women)Member, Estate Planning Council of Edmonton
- Past Chair, Business Law Section (North), Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)Past Chair, Wills & Estates Law Section (North), Canadian Bar Association (Alberta)Past President, Estate Planning Council
- Past Director, Edmonton CREW Association
- Past Director, The Family Centre Foundation
- Past Director, The Family Centre
- Past Director, Edmonton Junior Chamber (JayCees)
- Past Member, The Canadian Association of Gift Planners