Michelle A. Williams
Recognized in:Health Care Law
Law School:Case Western Reserve University
Location:One Atlantic Center, Suite 49001201 West Peachtree StreetAtlanta, GA 30309-3424
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., graduated 1986
- Butterworth Hospital, M. T., graduated 1981
- Michigan State University, BS, graduated 1978
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- American Red Cross Blood Services, Southern Region - Board Member and Past Chair
- Atlanta Bar Association - Member
- Georgia Academy of Hospital Attorneys - President 2011-2012
- Georgia Bar Association - Member
- Legal Counsel to Georgia BIO - Board Member
- U.S. Department Health and Human Services, “Advisory Committee on Childhood Vaccines,” - Commissioner
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Health Care Law
Level 20 Bastion Tower
Five Place du Champ De Mars
32 2 550 3700
West Wing, Suite 21B2
No. 7 Guanghua Road
86 10 8592 7500
1950 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
East Palo Alto, CA 94303-2282
333 South Hope Street, 16th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071-3004
560 Mission Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94105-0912
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
The Atlantic Building
950 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004-1404
90 Park Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016-1387
Bank of America Plaza, Suite 4000
101 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28280-4000
4721 Emperor Boulevard, Suite 400
Durham, NC 27703-8580
2828 North Harwood Street, 18th Floor
Dallas, TX 75201-2139
Attorney Case History
- Advised High Point Regional Health System on sole member substitution transaction with UNC Health Care System.
- Advised Hospital Authority of McDuffie County and successfully obtained attorney general approval on sale to University Hospital of Augusta.
- Advised Central Georgia Health System, Inc. on lease of Peach Regional Medical Center and successfully obtained attorney general approval for lease transaction.
- Advised Tift Regional Medical Center in acquisition of Adele Memorial Hospital in conversion from for-profit to hospital authority asset.
- Successfully obtained attorney general approval for a restructured hospital authority corporation change of control and subsequent integration into an out of state non-profit hospital system.
- Successfully obtained attorney general approval for St. Joseph’s Hospital of Augusta sale to Triad and conversion to for-profit status.
- Successfully obtained attorney general approval for the sale and completed sale and conversion of Green County Hospital Authority’s Minnie Boswell Memorial Hospital to a for-profit hospital company.
- Represented a blood bank in CLIA revocation and restructured its laboratory operations.
- Advised two hospitals on full CMS surveys and the restoration of loss of deemed status.
- Regulatory attorney for a hospital system’s qui tam matters involving observation status, one day stays and short stay admissions.
- Former in-house counsel at University Hospitals of Cleveland and former on-loan counsel to Grady Health System and Emory University Hospital.