Michelle A. Williams
Recognized in:Health Care Law
Law School:Case Western Reserve University
Location:Monarch Plaza, Suite 16003414 Peachtree Road, NEAtlanta, GA 30326
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., graduated 1986
- Michigan State University, BS, graduated 1978
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- American Red Cross Blood Services, Southern Region - Board Member and Past Chair
- Atlanta Bar Association - Member
- Georgia Academy of Hospital Attorneys - President 2011-2012
- Georgia Bar Association - Member
- Legal Counsel to Georgia BIO - Board Member
- U.S. Department Health and Human Services, “Advisory Committee on Childhood Vaccines,” - Commissioner
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Health Care Law
12 Leadenhall Street
London EC3V 1VP
44 20 7816 2629
Wells Fargo Tower, Suite 1400
420 Twentieth Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
1401 H Street, NW, Fifth Floor
Washington, DC 20005-2202
901 K Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20001
100 Southeast Third Avenue, Suite 1620
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
SunTrust Center, Suite 2900
200 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
101 North Monroe Street, Suite 925
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Monarch Plaza, Suite 1600
3414 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Gateway Plaza, Suite 201
300 Mulberry Street
Macon, GA 31201
Chase North Tower, 20th Floor
450 Laurel Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Three Sanctuary Boulevard, Suite 201
Mandeville, LA 70471
201 Saint Charles Avenue, Suite 3600
New Orleans, LA 70170
100 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
409 Washington Avenue, Suite 1010
Towson, MD 21204
One Eastover Center, Suite 400
100 Vision Drive
P.O. Box 14167
Jackson, MS 39236-4167
1501 Main Street, Suite 600
Columbia, SC 29201
Republic Centre, Suite 1900
633 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37450
100 Med Tech Parkway, Suite 200
Johnson City, TN 37604
265 Brookview Centre Way, Suite 600
Knoxville, TN 37919
6060 Poplar Avenue, Suite 440
Memphis, TN 38119
Baker Donelson Center, Suite 800
211 Commerce Street
Nashville, TN 37201
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3700
Houston, TX 77010
450 West Broad Street, Suite 302
Falls Church, VA 22046
News & Media
Lawyer Case History
- Advised High Point Regional Health System on sole member substitution transaction with UNC Health Care System.
- Advised Hospital Authority of McDuffie County and successfully obtained attorney general approval on sale to University Hospital of Augusta.
- Advised Central Georgia Health System, Inc. on lease of Peach Regional Medical Center and successfully obtained attorney general approval for lease transaction.
- Advised Tift Regional Medical Center in acquisition of Adele Memorial Hospital in conversion from for-profit to hospital authority asset.
- Successfully obtained attorney general approval for a restructured hospital authority corporation change of control and subsequent integration into an out of state non-profit hospital system.
- Successfully obtained attorney general approval for St. Joseph’s Hospital of Augusta sale to Triad and conversion to for-profit status.
- Successfully obtained attorney general approval for the sale and completed sale and conversion of Green County Hospital Authority’s Minnie Boswell Memorial Hospital to a for-profit hospital company.
- Represented a blood bank in CLIA revocation and restructured its laboratory operations.
- Advised two hospitals on full CMS surveys and the restoration of loss of deemed status.
- Regulatory attorney for a hospital system’s qui tam matters involving observation status, one day stays and short stay admissions.
- Former in-house counsel at University Hospitals of Cleveland and former on-loan counsel to Grady Health System and Emory University Hospital.