Recognized in:Cannabis LawHealth Care Law
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Harvard University, ADR
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Health Care Law, Toronto (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Cannabis Law
- Health Care Law
- Retained by numerous clients in respect of corporate transactions relating to regulated health businesses including hospitals, long-term care facilities, licensed independent healthcare facilities, laboratories, pharmacies and private clinics.
- Retained by numerous hospitals to facilitate and develop the governance structures of various shared services corporations.
- Retained by nine different provincially appointed Supervisors to assist them in addressing legal and governance issues relating to their mandates.
- Provided complex regulatory opinions relating to the Canada Health Act, health insurance acts, and providers’ ability to offer health insurance and/or charge for enhanced non-insured medically required physician services.
- Advised hospital boards, administrative and physician leaders in respect of hospital privileges matters.
- Retained by numerous healthcare organizations to develop governance policies to assist boards in discharging their governance oversight and in particular the implementation of enterprise risk management systems to oversee fiscal, patient, resident and workplace safety.
- Retained by international healthcare organizations to provide regulatory advice in respect of planned Canadian health industry acquisitions and operations.
- Provided advice to healthcare and drug manufacturers regarding emergency preparedness.
- Provided advice to clients in respect of complying with best practices with respect to procurement policies.
- Facilitated and implemented public healthcare restructurings, including hospital amalgamations and many program transfers.
- Conducted governance reviews of healthcare organizations.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 1st Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
The Guinness Tower
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018