Recognized since 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
Litigation - Real Estate
Real Estate Law
An experienced litigator as well as a certified arbitrator and mediator, Mike has represented title insurers and their insureds, major developers and lenders, in real estate-related litigation and in transactional matters since 1971. He's appeared in state and federal courts throughout South Carolina, and he's also been admitted to practice in U.S. Tax Court and U.S. Claims Court.
He's often called upon to testify as an expert witness in real estate and title insurance cases. He frequently conducts Continuing Legal Education and Judicial Continuing Legal Education seminars and also speaks to trade groups. He's usually asked to address real estate issues, though he also has spoken on litigation and law office management.
Born and raised in Columbia, Mike was an undergraduate for only two years at the University of South Carolina. He finished his bachelor’s degree in English during his first year at the University of South Carolina School of Law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://callisontighe.com/attorneys/michael-w-tighe/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palmetto Armory Office Building
1812 Lincoln Street
P.O. Box 1390
Columbia, SC 29202-1390
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- U.S. Claims Court, 1990
- U.S. Tax Court, 1971
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals, 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1965
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina, 1964
- United States Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Real Estate, Columbia, SC (2020)
- Real Estate Law, Columbia, SC (2018)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Columbia, SC (2017)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Columbia, SC (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Litigation, Columbia Metropolitan Area, 2015 and 2017; Real Estate Law and Litigation, Real Estate, 2012 to present
- Legal Elite of the Midlands, Banking and Finance, 2010-11, 2013-14; Commercial Real Estate, 2016
- South Carolina Super Lawyers (2012-2017)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.