Michael S. LeBoff
Recognized since 2021
Newport Beach, California
Michael S. LeBoff brings more than 22 years of business trial practice to Klein & Wilson, handling and winning high-stakes trials and arbitrations.
Mr. LeBoff attended Loyola Law School on a full academic scholarship, graduating second in his class of nearly 400 students. At Loyola, Mr. LeBoff received countless academic awards and served as an editor for the Loyola Law Review.
After graduating from law school, Michael LeBoff clerked for the former Chief Judge of the Central District of California, Manuel L. Real, where he saw firsthand the importance of always being prepared before entering the courtroom. Following his clerkship, Mr. LeBoff developed his trial skills working at some of the finest law firms in Orange County where he had the opportunity to go up against Klein & Wilson in a complex joint venture litigation. Having developed mutual respect for each other’s skills and civility, Mr. LeBoff joined Klein & Wilson in 2016. Less than two years later, he was named the first new partner in the first 25-year history.
Michael LeBoff represents clients of all sizes in a wide variety of business cases, including shareholder, partnership and joint venture disputes, trade secret claims, fraud, breach of contract, business torts, real estate, attorney fee disputes and legal malpractice actions.
Mr. LeBoff also spent a portion of his career in the client’s chair, as he served as in-house litigation counsel for ACC Capital Holdings, the parent company of large, nationwide financial services companies. During that time, Mr. LeBoff represented his client in consumer litigation, class actions, employment litigation, trade secret cases, and insurance coverage disputes. As in-house counsel, Mr. LeBoff managed nationwide litigation and worked daily with outside counsel to develop and implement cost-effective litigation strategies. Mr. LeBoff also reviewed and approved outside counsel bills and reported to senior management on significant litigation activities. In this role, Mr. LeBoff learned the importance of billing efficiencies and litigation results.
Mr. LeBoff served as a co-chair of the Professional Liability Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation from 2019 to 2022. Mr. LeBoff currently serves as co-chair of the Section’s Young Lawyers Leadership Program. Mr. LeBoff also served three years as co-chair of the section’s largest committee, the Commercial and Business Litigation Committee, and currently co-chairs its Ethics Subcommittee.
In 2019, Mr. LeBoff was elected to the Orange County Bar Association’s (“OCBA”) Board of Directors. He also served on the OCBA’s Audit Committee since 2019. Mr. LeBoff served as the Chair of the OCBA’s Business Litigation Section. Mr. LeBoff is also the former chair of the OCBA’s Banking and Lending Section.
Outside of the office, Mr. LeBoff is a husband and father of two daughters. Mr. LeBoff coached his daughters’ T ball and soccer teams and led his girls’ Adventure Princess Expedition. Mr. LeBoff is a die-hard Las Vegas Raiders fan, a fantasy sports athlete, and a recreational poker player.
Contact & Links
- 4770 Von Karman Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Loyola Marymount University, J.D., graduated 1999
- University of Redlands, B.A. Government, graduated 1996
- California, 1999
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Young Lawyers Leadership Program, 2022 - Co-Chair
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee, 2016-2019 - Co-Chair
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Professional Liability Litigation Committee, 2019-2022 - Co-Chair
- Orange County Bar Association, 2020-Present - Audit Committee Member
- Orange County Bar Association, 2020-Present - Director
- Orange County Bar Association, Banking and Lending Section, 2014 - Chair
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation Section - Chair
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit Court
3 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
3 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
AVVO Rating 10.0
Best Lawyers, 2018-Present
Super Lawyers 2018-Present
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Trade Secrets Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.