Recognized since 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
Real Estate Law
Michael R. “Mickey” Hubbell represents Business Owners/Entrepreneurs and understands the issues that they face each day. His experience involves multiple business disciplines, including corporate organization, marketing, finance, company facilities, management, economics, accounting, statistical reporting, and business decision-making and negotiations.
Mr. Hubbell incorporates his legal knowledge and over 30 years’ experience dealing with business operational issues as out-side counsel into providing guidance and legal advice to Business Owners/Entrepreneurs. Mr. Hubbell’s experience is in both transactional matters and commercial litigation matters. When legal matters involve specific knowledge and experience in areas of law practiced by other attorneys in our Firm, Mr. Hubbell works closely with those attorneys in an effort to accomplish the ultimate desired legal and business result.
- Asset and stock sales and acquisitions of businesses, including post-closing ”settle-up” and handling of agreed-upon and disputed claims
- Cooperative Endeavor Agreements, with related ancillary contracts
- Responses to governmental Requests for Proposals
- Customer, supplier, and third-party vendor contracts
- Equipment and Vehicle leases
- Purchase and sale of Aircraft and Vessels
- Preferred Ship Mortgages
- Physician Assistant Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Independent contractor and sales representative contracts
- Trademark and Copyright License Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Royalty Agreements
- Succession planning for family businesses
- Probate matters involving businesses and individuals
- Acquisitions, financings, leasing, and development of commercial real estate, including hotels, restaurants, office buildings, condominiums, healthcare facilities, recreational facilities, retail facilities, marinas, medical office buildings, historic tax credit properties, and various investment and mixed- use properties
- Rights-of-way and property use and occupancy agreements
- Boundary disputes and breaches of covenants and restrictions
- Formation and governance of corporate entities such as limited liability companies, corporations, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Legal actions involving enforcement and damages resulting from breaches of contracts
- Overseeing and management of various claims and litigation matters where there are hold harmless and indemnification obligations arising out of business sales and acquisitions
- In-court representation, including institution and defense of lawsuits, pre-trial procedure, discovery proceedings, depositions, discovery disputes, pre-trial motions, and trial proceedings
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bswllp.com/michael-r-hubbell
- One American Place, Suite 2300
301 Main Street
P.O. Box 3197
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
- Louisiana State University, J.D., graduated 1987
- Louisiana State University, MBA, graduated 1980
- Louisiana State University, BS, graduated 1978
- Louisiana, Louisiana, 1987
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- Alumni Associations of the Louisiana State University College of Business Administration, the Graduate School of Business, and the Paul M. Hebert Law Center. - Member
- Louisiana State Law Institute Visitation Committee for Revisions to Louisiana Third Party Visitation Statutes - Member
- United States Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Real Estate Law
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2012
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated.
Acquisitions, Sales LeasesAcquisitions, sales, leases and subdivision of properties for expansions of hospitals and ancillary hospital facilities.
Acquisitions, financing and salesAcquisitions, financing and sales of various commercial properties for small to medium sized businesses, including hotels, restaurants, marinas, condominiums, apartment complexes, office buildings, and shopping centers
Acquisitions, sales and leasesAcquisitions, sales and leases of public entity properties for sports facilities
Acquisitions, financing, and salesAcquisitions, financing, and sales of vessels for the expansion of casino facilities.
Community Property Partition MattersVarious professionals dealing with community property partition matters, including division of retirement benefits.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.