Recognized since 2019
Michael J. Thomas is Co-Chair of the National Construction Law Practice of Greenberg Traurig, LLP. He focuses his practice on construction law and litigation matters. Michael represents and counsels his developer clients in all aspects of the design, development and construction of residential, commercial, and mixed-use real estate development projects, including construction contract negotiation, design services contract negotiation, construction financing, construction insurance, risk management, suretyship, mechanic’s lien law, construction/design defect litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. Michael is Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar.
Awards & Accolades
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, 2019
- Team Member, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2017-2018
- Team Member, U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, Best Law Firms Edition, "Law Firm of the Year," Real Estate - Litigation, 2017
- Listed, The Legal 500 United States, Real Estate and Construction - Construction, 2016
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2015
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009-2011
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, American Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Member, Florida Bar Association, Construction Law Committee
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar Association
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.