Recognized since 2015
Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
There was a time when working men and women had no one to turn to if they were injured on the job. Raised in a small coal mining community, Michael J. O'Connor witnessed first-hand this injustice. His father and grandfather, both working men, saw coal miners who were denied benefits and were unable to support their families.
Unsafe working conditions continue today. Unfortunately, many injured workers are still denied benefits. In 1989, Michael J. O'Connor founded his firm with the goal of helping injured workers through every stage of litigation, and beyond. With its roots in the community-minded, rural town of Frackville, Michael’s firm has expanded to include fifteen offices throughout Pennsylvania. Today, the firm has offices in Pennsylvania’s largest cities as well as in its rural communities.
In addition to its esteemed Workers’ Compensation staff, Michael’s firm has established highly skilled Personal Injury and Social Security departments. The firm also offers a full range of legal services, including Nursing Home Abuse and Wills & Estates.
A recognized leader in the field of Workers’ Compensation, Michael has served as Past Secretary for the Workers’ Compensation Law and Advocacy Group and Past Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation and Workplace Injury Section of the American Association of Justice and was on the board of directors for the Workplace Injury Litigation Group. Michael has received many accolades for his work and was named the 2011 Labor Partner of the Year by the Lehigh Valley Labor Council. Currently, Michael is a Hearing Committee Member for the Pennsylvania Supreme Court Disciplinary Board.
Active in his local community, Michael is a member of the Frackville Rotary Club and numerous other civic-minded organizations. For the past 20 years, Michael has held numerous positions within the Knights of Columbus and now proudly serves on the organization’s board of directors.
Born and raised in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, Michael received his undergraduate degree in 1980 from Villanova University, a graduate degree from Villanova University in 1983, and his law degree in 1986 from Thomas M. Cooley School of Law. Michael resides in Schuylkill County with his family.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.oconnorlaw.com/michael-j-o-connor.html
- 608 West Oak Street
P.O. Box 201
Frackville, PA 17931
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School , J.D., graduated 1986
- Villanova University, MA, graduated 1983
- Villanova University, BA, graduated 1980
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- District of Columbia, 1988
- Elks Lodge, Frackville - Member
- Knights of Columbus - Supreme Secretary
- St. Ann's Church, Frackville - Financial Advisory Board
- Ancient Order of Hibernians - Member
- Brehon Law Society, Philadelphia - Member
- Frackville Rotary Club - Past Presient
- Luzerne County Bar Association - Member
- Northumberland Bar Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member
- Schuylkill County Bar Association - Member
- St. Thomas Moore Society - Member
- Pennsylvania - Trial Courts
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
- 17x Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (2004- Present)
- Lehigh Valley Labor Council: 2011 Labor Partner of the Year
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell(R) Peer Review Ratings(TM)
- The American Trial Lawyers Association: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2008
- Rotary International: Paul Harris Fellow
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.