Recognized since 2005
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Michael J. Stanton, a Member of the firm, devotes his practice exclusively to matrimonial law.
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, Mike has experience in all aspects of matrimonial law, including divorce litigation, complex valuation, and distribution issues concerning businesses, professional practices, stock options, and other professional and executive benefits, alimony, child support, custody and parenting issues, visitation rights, domestic violence, pre-nuptial agreements, palimony, arbitration, and mediation.
Mike has been a member of the New Jersey Bar Association (NJSBA) since 1979 and was a Section/ Committee Trustee. He served as Chair of the NJSBA Family Law Section and has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section for more than ten years. He also served on the NJSBA Military Law and Veterans’ Affairs Committee and Long-Term Planning Committee, was Chair of the Fee Arbitration Committee, and was a member of the District XIII Ethics Committee.
Mike has lectured in numerous family law programs and has authored numerous articles for the Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, and other organizations.
In 2010, Mike was selected by the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association to receive the Saul A. Tischler Award, a prestigious lifetime achievement award, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the practice of family law. He is also listed in the current edition of The Best Lawyers In America in the Family Law section and New Jersey Super Lawyers in the Family Law section, and was named the Best Lawyers 2016 Family Law “Lawyer of the Year” in the Woodbridge New Jersey, Metro Area. Mike is also a member of the prestigious Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.snydersarno.com/attorneys/michael-stanton
- 440 Route 22 East, Suite 170
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
- New York Law School , JD, graduated 1979
- Rutgers University, BA, graduated 1976
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance - Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Member of Board of Managers
- Family Law Section Executive Committee - Former State Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Member of Board of Trustees
- American Bar Association - Member
- Central Jersey Family Law Inns of Court - Mentor
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law, Woodbridge (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Equitable Division
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Saul Tischler Award
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.