Recognized since 2021
Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Mike works with the firm’s Toxic Tort, Complex Civil Litigation, Product Liability, and Healthcare practice groups. He represents both small and large clients in advisory and litigation roles and handles cases arising out of asbestos claims, business, and commercial disputes, product liability concerns, entertainment law, and torts. He is experienced in trial and appellate work, including matters involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death. In Healthcare, he counsels and represents physicians and facilities in insurance network denial appeals, licensing issues and litigation defense, reimbursement and contract issues and related litigation, and state and federal privacy and litigation defense.Mike works tirelessly to achieve his clients’ goals. Prior to joining BB&L, he assisted in the representation of the Oso landslide victims to secure a large settlement on his clients’ behalf, along with obtaining the largest sanctions award in state history against the opposing party for destruction of evidence. Mike also represented plaintiffs in the Ride the Ducks litigation involving a “DUKW boat.” More recently, in defense successes, Mike defended a talc supplier client in a personal injury lawsuit where the plaintiff demanded millions of dollars for diseases allegedly caused by talc.Mike is a graduate of Stanford University with honors, and he studied abroad at Oxford University. He earned his J.D. from the University of Washington School of Law and is the author of “The New Class Actions in Japan,” published by the Washington International Law Journal. Mike resides in Seattle with his wife and their two cats. He enjoys skiing, hiking, and playing the oboe.
- Civil Litigation & Trial Practice
- Complex Healthcare Litigation
- Health Professionals & Facilities Licensing, Investigations & Discipline
- HIPAA / HITECH
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Product Liability
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.bbllaw.com/legal-team/michael-j-madderra/
- 601 Union Street, Suite 1500
Seattle, WA 98101-1363
- Stanford University, B.A. with Honors
- University of Washington , J.D.
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.