Recognized since 2006
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
For over forty years, Mike’s practice has been devoted to the exclusive representation of employers and their management teams in dealing with the full range of labor and employment issues. He has represented employers in contract negotiations with virtually every major union in the U.S. and Canada. Throughout his career he has focused on representing health care and higher education institutions, as well as manufacturing companies and service organizations.
Mike’s practice also includes serving as outside general counsel for a number of his clients. He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors or in other corporate positions for many clients. Nothing gives Mike greater satisfaction as a lawyer than to become known as a trusted advisor to those clients.
Mike currently serves as a member of the firm’s Management Committee that is charged with the responsibility of focusing on the strategic planning and overseeing the day-to-day administration of the firm. He has been recognized at the highest ranking, Band 1, in the area of Labor and Employment by Chambers USA: America’s Guide to Leading Lawyers in Business and designated Best Lawyers’ "Lawyer of the Year" in Education Law (2019) and Labor Law-Management (2018) in Cleveland. Mike is continuously named to The Best Lawyers in America and the Ohio Super Lawyers lists.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.frantzward.com/professionals/frantz-michael-j
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 200 Public Square, Suite 3000
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Georgetown University , J.D., graduated 1976
- University of Notre Dame, BA, graduated 1973
- United States, Supreme Court of the U.S.
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- The College of Labor & Employment Lawyers - Fellow (2018-Present)
- Secure State LLC, The Father's Table LLC and Three D Metals, Inc. - Director
- The Ohio Cast Metals Association - General Counsel
- Eagle Bridge, Inc. - Secretary
- American Bar Association, Labor Law Section - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Labor and Law Section - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association Labor and Employment Section Council - Member (2018-Present)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Labor Law Section - Former Chairman
- National Association of College and University Attorneys - Member
- American Arbitration Association - Panelist
- Defense Research Institute, Labor Relations Committee - Member
- Journal College and University Law - Member of the Editorial Board (1997-1999)
- Labor Relations Advisory Committee - Member
- Ohio Management Lawyers Association - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Education Law, Cleveland (2019)
- Labor Law - Management, Cleveland (2018)
- Employment Law - Management, Cleveland (2016)
- Labor Law - Management, Cleveland (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Education Law
- Designated Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year” in Education Law in Cleveland (2019); Labor Law—Management in Cleveland (2018); and Employment Law—Management in Cleveland (2016)
- Named to the highest rank, Band 1, by Chambers USA: America’s Guide to Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of Labor and Employment (2003-2019)
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Employment Law-Management and Labor Law-Management (2006-2019); and Education Law (2019)
- Named to the Ohio Super Lawyers list (2004-2019)
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Ohio and one of the Top 50 Attorneys in Cleveland by Ohio Super Lawyers
- Listed in The Legal News’ Top 1% of Attorneys in the Nation
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated—Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the St. Thomas More Award—The Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland (2016)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
"I personally sit next to Mike Frantz at the table for our contract negotiations with each of our unions. We could not have better counsel on our collective bargaining matters than Frantz Ward."
- Mark Bates (Oberlin College), Oberlin, OH
"Mike is an excellent lawyer and one of the best that I have ever worked with. He is very professional, responsive, pragmatic, and achieves great results."
- Daniel Damstra (Alco Industries)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.