Recognized since 2008
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Government Relations Practice
Health Care Law
Land Use and Zoning Law
Litigation - Real Estate
Real Estate Law
Michael J. Baker is an AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and leads the Transactional Group at Hoagland, Longo, Moran, Dunst & Doukas. He has participated in the purchase and financing of projects totaling more than 250 million dollars, including more than 40 million dollars in Farmland Preservation, Open Space purchases and Right of Way acquisitions. In making Open Space, Farm Land Preservation and Right of Way acquisitions, Mike has worked with the NJ DEP, NJ EIFT, NJ Water Supply Authority, various Counties, County Agricultural Development Boards, municipalities and the State Agricultural Development Council as well as private land trusts. Recently Mike has been a major player in the closing deal between the Sayreville Economic Redevelopment Agency and the former National Lead Inc. site that will pave the way for waterfront commercial and residential building.
Mike also leads the firm's Health Care Group, which represents a wide range of clients, including hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, managed care, PHO/MSO, pharmacies, durable medical equipment, temporary nursing agencies, and other ancillary health care providers. Health care and land use have become highly regulated and rapidly changing areas of law over the last decade. What was a common sense business solution five years ago can now earn a client time in jail. Mike has remained on the cutting edge of these practice areas and has helped numerous clients navigate these new and dangerous waters.
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Real Estate Law, Woodbridge (2022)
- Health Care Law, Woodbridge (2020)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Woodbridge (2017)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Woodbridge (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Real Estate Law
- Government Relations Practice
- Municipal Law
- AV Preeminent - Martindale Hubbell
- 2008-2017, The Best Lawyers in America® list
- 2017, Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year", Land Use & Zoning
- 2015, Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year", Litigation - Real Estate
- 2005-2007, 2014-2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- Recipient of the Blanch and Irving Laurie Foundation Young Leadership Award
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.