Michael Maggiano is the founder and senior partner of Maggiano, DiGirolamo & Lizzi. He has dedicated his practice to personal injury litigation with a focus on Car Accidents, Construction Accidents as well as Medical Negligence for over 35 years.
According to his peers, Michael Maggiano is one of the top trial lawyers in the New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area. Rival attorneys say Maggiano consistently displays a depth of knowledge and understanding of medical and complex legal issues that makes him an effective force in any courtroom. He has tried cases throughout the NY/NJ Metro area as well as in various states of the United States.
His expertise is often sought out and he has been asked to speak to attorney groups on the complexities found within specific types of person injury cases. He has taught continuing legal education seminars sponsored by the New Jersey State Bar Association and the New Jersey Association for Justice.
Honors and Awards:
- In 2013, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law celebrated 125 years of trailblazing, innovative and successful alumni who have helped shape the legal profession, given back to their communities and to the law school and helped raise the profile of Chicago-Kent on a global level. Among the elite 125 alumni honored was Michael Maggiano for his dramatic impact on the legal community and beyond., Alumni of Distinction, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Michael Maggiano was awarded the prestigious Alfred C. Clapp Award for Excellence in Legal Education in recognition for his many years of teaching all aspects of personal injury litigation law and evidence as well as his annual programs in Medico Legal Issues. Presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education in association with the New Jersey State Bar Association, this award is presented annually to a single judge or attorney in the State of New Jersey for excellence in legal education., Alfred C. Clapp Award for Excellence in CLE, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education in association with the New Jersey State Bar Associatio
- Michael Maggiano received the New Jersey Association for Justice’s highest award. Mr. Maggiano was honored with the New Jersey Association for Justice Gold Medal for his distinguished service to the association, and the advancement of justice through teaching trial skills to thousands of lawyers and for the cutting edge litigation he has participated in as lead counsel in New Jersey and around the country., 2014 Gold Medal for Distinguished Services, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Michael Maggiano has been ranked by the prestigious attorney and lawyer rating service, AVVO Lawyer Ratings, as a 10 SUPERB. Michael Maggiano has received numerous attorney and lawyer peer endorsements as well as the highest client ratings for his handling of personal injury claims. His colleagues have rated them as one of the highest rated personal injury attorneys in the State of New Jersey., 10 Superb, Avvo Lawyer Ratings
- Michael Maggiano has earned the “AV Preeminent” certification mark. The "AV Preeminent" status designates individuals have been noted by their peers for exhibiting the highest level of professional excellence. The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are an objective indicator of a lawyer’s high ethical standards and professional ability, generated from evaluations of lawyers by other members of the bar and the judiciary in the United States and Canada., AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubble Lawyer Ratings
- Trial lawyer Michael Maggiano was honored in the annual listing of The Best Lawyers in America. Michael Maggiano has been named in The Best Lawyers in America since 2006. In 2011, he was honored as “Lawyer of the Year”. , Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report