Michael practises personal injury law, with an emphasis on motor vehicle accidents, insurance and disability claims and other facets of personal injury litigation, such as recreation/sports injury claims, motorcycle accidents, boating accidents and wrongful dismissal matters. A founding partner of the firm, Michael is committed to helping victims and their loved ones through difficult times and to achieve a fair result to compensate them for their losses. Michael has been a frequent speaker at continuing legal education programs and a contributor to various legal publications.
Michael is an active member of a number of legal professional associations and has held leadership roles in several brain injury associations. Michael has a large referral network for cases from the medical community and lawyers who trust his abilities and judgment to handle their patients’ and clients’ matters through the legal process in a compassionate way and to a timely resolution. If the case cannot be settled, Michael has a proven track record of success at Trial and Arbitration.
Michael’s commitment to his clients and support of all victims of personal injury is extended to his charitable activities. He is the founder of the “Personal Injury Bar Charity Hockey Challenge,” an annual tournament that has raised more than $500,000 for the Canadian Spinal Research Organization’s (CSRO) “Shoot for a Cure” campaign for the prevention and cure of spinal cord injuries.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Accident Benefits Claims
- Slip and Fall Claims
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Claims
- Canadian Spinal Cord Research Organization, Board Member
- Toronto Lawyers Association, Past Trustee
- Peel Halton Brain Injury Association, Past Trustee
- Brain Injury Association of Toronto, Past Trustee
- “Personal Injury Bar Charity Hockey Challenge,” Canadian Spinal Research Organization’s (CSRO), Founder and Organizer
Honours and Awards
- Certified as a Specialist in Civil Litigation, Law Society of Upper Canada, 2013
- Best Lawyers in Canada
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Practice Management Mentor
- Various Charitable endeavors
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1988
- LLB, Magna Cum Laude, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 1986
- BA (Honours), McMaster University, 1983