Recognized since 2023
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Mike has spent the last two decades litigating business and commercial disputes throughout Indiana and Michigan. He has litigated a wide range of disputes, representing both plaintiffs and defendants, including wrongful death actions, securities violations, contractual disputes, trade secrets actions, trademark and copyright infringement, coverage actions, and construction disputes. Mike has handled dozens of noncompetition cases both on behalf of the employer and the employee including during the preliminary injunction phase, at trial, and on appeal. Mike has participated in approximately 100 appeals in the state and federal courts of Indiana and Michigan and has argued numerous times before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, the Indiana Supreme Court, the Indiana Court of Appeals, and the Indiana Tax Court.
A representative listing of appellate cases include the following:
- BRC Rubber & Plastics, Inc. v. Cont'l Carbon Co., 981 F.3d 618 (7th Cir. 2020)
- School vs. Frantz, 156 N.E.3d 692 (Ind. Ct. App. 2020)
- Kosciusko Cty. Cmty. Fair, Inc. v. Clemens, 143 N.E.3d 310 (Ind. Ct. App. 2020)
- Great Lakes Anesthesia, P.C. v. O'Bryan, 99 N.E.3d 260 (Ind. Ct. App. 2018)
- Landmark Legacy, LP v. Runkle, 81 N.E.3d 1107 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017)
- Masters vs. Masters, 43 N.E.3d 570 (Ind. 2015)
- Einhorn v. Johnson, 996 N.E.2d 823 (Ind. Ct. App. 2013)
- Shawnee Constr. and Engineering, Inc. v. Stanley, 962 N.E.2d 76 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011)
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.barrettlaw.com/our-people/michael-h-michmerhuizen
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 215 East Berry Street
P.O. Box 2263
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Grand Valley State University, B.B.A., Finance
- University of Michigan, J.D.
- Indiana, 2000
- Michigan, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.