Michael G. Fekete
Recognized in:Information Technology LawTechnology Law
Law School:Carleton University
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Carleton University, BA
- University of British Columbia, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Computer Law Association - Member
- Information Technology Association of Canada (Co-Chair of Legal Affairs Forum) - Member
- IT/Can Law Association - Member
- Toronto Computer Lawyers' Group - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Information Technology Law
- Technology Law
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada: Public Procurement
- Lexpert’s Top 40 Under 40 Awards (2004)
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 lawyers in Canada: One of the “40 Corporate Lawyers to Watch”
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Computer & IT Law; Technology & Transactions
- Expert Guides : Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers : Information Technology
- Represented large, international energy company on large technology licensing transaction in connection with strategic oil sands alliance and mining project.
- Represented service providers in the negotiation of major onshore and offshore outsourcing transactions.
- Represented service providers in complex systems integration design, build and integrate projects.
- Negotiated complex strategic alliance arrangements between large participants in the technology sector.
- Negotiated complex third party logistics services arrangements in the health care sector.
- Represented online services providers in addressing cross-border data issues with public sector customers.
- Advised clients on numerous government procurement projects, including complex licensing and integration projects and procurement reform initiatives.
- Addressed complex open source software and other IP/IT issues in acquisitions of technology assets and technology companies.
- Addressed new media, IP, privacy and e-commerce issues in the delivery of online services and cloud computing.
- Assisted clients successfully respond to complaints made to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Assisted clients respond to legislative proposals in respect of cross-border privacy matters, spam and spyware.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018