Recognized since 2021
Litigation - Construction
Michael Menghini is a Shareholder in Burg Simpson’s Construction Defect Litigation Group. His practice focuses on representing clients with claims involving construction defects, construction products liability, association reserves, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation/non-disclosure and commercial litigation. His clients include community associations, such as homeowner associations and condominium associations, homeowners and business owners.
Mr. Menghini has successfully represented clients in many large construction defect cases. Examples include:
- In 2020, Mr. Menghini was part of the trial team that obtained a $19.48 million arbitration award on behalf of a 17-building, 82-unit townhome community in Aurora, Colorado, involving various structural, building envelope, moisture management, firewall and civil defects.
- In 2019, Mr. Menghini finalized a $1 Million settlement on behalf of a condominium building in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, involving fire sprinkler defects.
- In 2017, Mr. Menghini and co-counsel, Mari Perczak, obtained a $5.9 Million arbitration award on behalf of a 59-unit Fort Collins, Colorado, condominium association involving various moisture management, building envelope, shear wall and civil defects.
- In 2017, Mr. Menghini and co-counsel, Mari Perczak, secured a $3.25 Million settlement on behalf of a 16-unit Denver, Colorado, condominium association involving significant water intrusion, structural deterioration, stucco defects, and fire protection defects.
Mr. Menghini was recently selected to 2021 Best Lawyers in America®.
In 2016 and 2017, Mike was selected by Colorado Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star” in the area of Construction Defect Litigation. Prior to his time in Colorado, he was selected by Wisconsin Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star” from 2012-2014 in the area of Business Litigation. Additionally, in 2014, Mr. Menghini was selected by the Wisconsin Law Journal as one of 26 “Up-and-Coming Lawyers” in the State of Wisconsin.
Mr. Menghini is licensed to practice law in Colorado, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Mike spends his free time with his lovely wife, Maureen, and their four trouble-making children, Bernadette, Paul, Michael, Jr., and Joseph.
Contact & Links
- 40 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
- Marquette University , J.D., graduated 2009
- United States, Colorado
- United States, Texas
- United States, Wisconsin
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Construction
- Up and Coming Lawyer, the Wisconsin Law Journal, 2014 – Selected by peers as one of 26 attorneys in the state of Wisconsin.
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2012 - 2014
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2016-2022
- AV Preeminent® Rating, 5.0 out of 5.0, Martindale - Hubbell
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America, 2021-2022
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.