Recognized since 2023
Mike has been admitted to practice law in Michigan for over 25 years with a focus on business and commercial law and litigation. While a substantial part of his practice relates to the automotive industry, Mike has a diverse client base that includes nonprofits; closely and privately held businesses; and publicly traded corporations in the manufacturing, distribution, finance, service and retail sectors. He regularly counsels clients on a wide range of business matters, including business formation and succession planning, corporate governance, buy-sell agreements and minority protections, complex transactions, employment matters, and buying and selling businesses. Mike is also a part of the legal team that represents the City of Birmingham.
Mike also has extensive experience representing businesses (and their owners) in litigating complex business and commercial disputes. Those matters include purchasing and supply disputes, business break- ups and shareholder/member litigation, trade secret and noncompete litigation, debtor/creditor disputes, and employment litigation. Mike litigates in federal and state courts, both at the trial and appellate court levels, and in arbitration proceedings. His litigation experience is invaluable in helping clients minimize any litigation exposure, if not avoid it altogether.
Mike speaks frequently at seminars and programs concerning various aspects of business and commercial law and litigation, and he has authored and published numerous articles and materials on those topics.
Mike is a graduate of the Detroit College of Law/Michigan State University College of Law), and received his Bachelor degree in economics from the University of Michigan.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bhlaw.us.com/attorneys/michael-c-gibbons/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3001 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 600
Troy, MI 48084
- Detroit College of Law, J.D., graduated 1994
- University of Michigan, B.A., graduated 1989
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan, Business Law Section State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan, Employment Law Section State Bar of Michigan
- Incorporated Society of Irish American Lawyers - member
- Michigan Council of School Attorneys - Member
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2007
- Michigan, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1994
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Named Top Lawyer by dBusiness Magazine
- Named a "Go To Lawyer" in Business Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
Tell us a little bit about your practice and what makes it unique.
-Michael C. Gibbons
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.