Michael is a shareholder and focuses his practice on cost-effective problem solving across a broad range of practice areas including bankruptcy, litigation, finance and real estate. Michael has experience in all aspects of bankruptcy and commercial litigation.
He has been involved in bankruptcy cases, large and small, throughout the United States including the bankruptcy cases of:
- Retailer Forman Enterprises, Inc.
- Hospital chain AHERF
- Metals related companies RG Steel, National Steel and LTV Steel Corporation
- Mass tort bankruptcies of Pittsburgh Corning Corporation, Mid-Valley, Inc., W.R. Grace, Federal Mogul, Flintkote Company, Chemtura Corporation and others Michael represents major insurers in coverage disputes in both federal and state courts.
Mike also counsels business clients in connection with all aspects of financial and real estate transactions, as well as providing general representation, especially to distressed companies including health care providers such as Aliquippa Community Hospital.
Mike’s reported decisions include:
- Commonwealth Packaging Company v. PNC Bank, National Association, 280 B.R. 609 (Bankr. W.D. Pa. 2002)
- Northern Apparels, Inc. v. PNC Bank, National Association, 271 B.R. 483 (Bankr. W.D. Pa. 2002)
- PNC Bank, National Association v. Buzzelli, 246 B.R. 75 (Bankr. W.D. Pa. 2000)