Recognized since 2018
Washington, District of Columbia
Litigation - Construction
Michael A. Branca focuses his practice on construction and government contract law. Mr. Branca's practice includes the representation of general and prime contractors, construction managers, and other members of the construction and government contract industries. Mr. Branca has provided a wide range of services to his clients, including the review and negotiation of contract documents, contract administration support and guidance, and the preparation and litigation of bid protests and claims. Mr. Branca defends and counsels contractors with respect to claims and allegations of violations of the federal and state False Claims Acts, and also counsels clients on corporate compliance matters and conducts internal investigations regarding allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse. Mr. Branca has represented his clients in a variety of forums, including state and federal courts throughout the country, arbitration tribunals and administrative boards.
Mr. Branca has been involved with a wide variety of projects, both public and private. In the public arena, Mr. Branca has provided counsel on high profile federal health care facilities, courthouses, and military construction projects, civil works to include dam construction and remediation, rail, bridge and highway projects, and solar power facilities. In the private sector, in addition to all manner of general building projects, Mr. Branca has extensive experience providing counsel, arbitrating and litigating substantial claims on power generation facilities, including nuclear, fossil, hydroelectric, and solar.
Mr. Branca has been recognized since 2007 as one of the leading lawyers in the field of Construction Law by Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. In 2007, Mr. Branca was noted as having “a niche specialty relating to federal acquisition regulations.” One client reported that Mr. Branca was “very knowledgeable in how federal law applies to federal projects” and was “deemed to be a go-to lawyer for projects that involve the Navy and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.”
Mr. Branca is the Editor of the Construction Lawyer, the flagship publication of ABA Forum on the Construction Industry. Mr. Branca is also the immediate past Chair of the Board of Governors of the Construction and Public Contract Law Section of the Virginia State Bar.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pecklaw.com/attorney/michael-a-branca/
- 2055 L Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20036
- George Mason University, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association (Forum on the Construction Industry) - Member
- American Road and Transportation Builders Association - Member
- Association of General Contractors - Virginia Chapter - Member
- Virginia State Bar (Board of Governors, Construction and Public Contract Law Section) - Member
- Washington Building Congress - Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuits
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- • Chambers USA, Construction Law, Washington, DC, 2008 - 2022• The Legal 500: United States, “Leading Lawyer,” 2021 - 2022• Who’s Who Legal: Construction, 2013 - 2022• Who’s Who Legal - Thought Leader: Construction, 2022• Washington, DC Super Lawyers, 2010, 2013 - 2022• Washington, DC Super Lawyers, Top-100 Attorneys, 2021• Best Lawyers, 2018 - 2023• Fellow, American College of Construction Lawyers, Inducted 2019 • BTI Consulting Group, Inc. Client Service All-Star, 2016
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.