Recognized since 2009
Litigation - Construction
Melinda S. (“Mindy”) Gentile is of counsel in Peckar & Abramson’s Miami office, and serves as co-chair of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Leveraging her more than 35 years’ experience as a construction lawyer and commercial litigator, Mindy is a highly qualified Construction Arbitrator, Mediator, Neutral Evaluator, Dispute Board Member, Special Master, Fee Expert, and Private Resolution Judge. Known for her insightful and practical approach, she brings creative and visionary problem-solving skills to each engagement.
Melinda has developed expertise in all aspects of construction law and construction dispute resolution, and has demonstrated success in preparing and handling construction matters ranging from bid protests to contract disputes, and from construction liens to defect, impact, bond and insurance claims. Ms. Gentile’s construction law practice offers substantial experience and an understanding of the development and construction process, which is used to assist general contractors, construction managers, trade contractors, design professionals, owners and sureties in avoiding and resolving disputes during the construction process. Ms. Gentile’s representation begins at the earliest stages of the construction process, during the negotiation and preparation of construction documents, and continues through completion and any subsequent disputes that may arise. She endeavors, wherever possible, for early identification and resolution of disputes that arise during the contracting and construction process in an effort to avoid litigation upon completion of the project. When dispute resolution cannot be accomplished during the construction process, Ms. Gentile vigorously represents her clients in varied litigation proceedings. She has successfully handled a variety of matters before state and federal courts, and in arbitration, mediation, administrative proceedings and
In addition to her construction law practice, Ms. Gentile maintains an active practice in other areas of general, civil and commercial litigation. She has been certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Civil Mediator and is certified as a specialist in construction law by the Florida Bar. She is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern, Middle
and Southern Districts of Florida, as well as the courts of the State of Florida. She has also served as a Broward County magistrate.
• Contracts and Risk Management
• Dispute Resolution
• Commercial Litigation
• Government Contracts
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: +1 305.358.2600
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pecklaw.com/attorney/melinda-s-gentile/
- One Southeast Third Avenue, Suite 2000
Miami, FL 33131
- Florida International University, M.S.
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D.
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. - Member
- Broward County Bar (Construction Law Committee) - Member
- Florida Bar (Construction Law Committee) - Member
- The Construction association of South Florida - Member
- The National association of Women in Construction - Member
- Supreme Court of Florida Qualified Arbitrator
- Florida Bar Board Certified Construction Law Specialist
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Florida, Circuit Civil Mediator
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial Development
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Contract Review and Negotiation
• Lifetime Achievement Award, The Florida Bar - Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, Florida, 2015 - 2021
• Chambers USA, Outstanding Contribution at Diversity & Inclusion Awards: North America, 2021
• Florida Super Lawyers, 2006 - 2022
• Who’s Who Legal: Construction
• Best Lawyers, 2009 - 2023
• South Florida’s Best Lawyers
• South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer
• The Legal 500: United States, "Recommended Lawyer," 2022
• The Legal 500: United States, "Leading Lawyer"
• American Registry, Top Attorneys in Florida
• Young At Art Museum, Women of Vision
• South Florida Business Journal, Up and Comer Award
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated and Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.